Tie-Dye Dog Bed
Make your dog this special Tie-Dye Dog Bed from I Love to Create. It's easy to make and your dog will love it. Follow these simple craft instructions and your dog will have a comfy little place to sleep.
- Tulip® One-Step Dye™
- Tulip® Craft Gloves™
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Long needle
- Fabric – white – 100% cotton – 1½ yard
- (1) Large jeweled button
- Bed pillow – standard size
- Thread to match
- Prewash white 100% cotton fabric without fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with Surface Cover. Spread out the damp fabric on covered surface.
- Pinch the center of the fabric and twist the fabric, creating a spiral. Continue to turn in a circle, pulling the edges in until you have a compact circle of spiral fabric. Hold together tightly with several rubber bands.
- Wearing plastic gloves, add water to Fuchsia dye bottle to line indicated on bottle. Replace cap tightly and shake until dye is dissolved.
- Squirt dye onto fabric, saturating completely. Pull the Surface Cover over the wet fabric and let set for 6 to 8 hours or longer for more intense color.
- Cut rubber bands. Fill washer to large load setting with cold water and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately. Wash separately the first few washes.
- Cover a standard bed pillow with tie-dyed fabric, pinning or sewing in place on the back.
- Option: Attach a jeweled button to the top center of pillow, using long needle and thread and sewing through to a flat button on the bottom of pillow and pulling tightly to create a tuft. Knot tightly. (Not suitable for all pets.)
Read NextVintage Birdcage DIY Cat Bed