DIY Personalized Rocking Chairs
Everyone needs a good rocking chair and these DIY Personalized Rocking Chairs fit the bill! Turn tired and worn-out chairs into chic chairs for your front porch with Krylon spray paint. We love the added Mr. and Mrs. stencils that really make this painting project unique and special.
- 2 Rocking chairs
- 1 Can of Krylon® Dual Superbond Paint - Black
- 1 Can of Krylon® Dual Superbond Spray Paint - White
- 1 Can of Krylon® Primer Spray Paint
- 1 Set of alphabet stencils
- I recently decided to give a pair of rocking chairs on my front porch a re-fresh. The original finish on them had been poor and allowed the wood underneath to discolor making the chairs look dirty. I decided that while I was giving them a refresh, I could add a fun touch to them with Hazel & Ruby Stencil Masks. I began by cleaning the chairs and letting the dry well. I wanted to add black wording to the chairs so I sprayed the upper back with black Krylon Dual Superbond Paint + Primer Spray Paint.
- I applied the lettering for "Mr." and "Mrs." over the black paint using the Chalk Art and Dear Ruby Alphabet sets.
- I used white Krylon Dual Superbond Spray Paint to paint over the masks and the black paint.
- I applied several light coats until the black was thoroughly covered. I peeled the Stencil-Masks off, cleaned them, and returned them to their package. Be sure when you apply the Stencil-Masks before painting to press them down well so that the fine spray paint can't sneak underneath like it did on my left lower loop. Also be sure to allow the black spray paint to dry well before adding the Stencil-Masks. I was in a hurry and rushed a bit and added the Stencil-Masks when the black paint was still slightly tacky. You can see that some of my black lifted off a bit when I removed the Stencil-Mask. I will need to come back and touch that up with a bit of craft paint.
Read NextPaint a Barn Quilt