Melting Ice Marble Ornaments Tutorial
Warm up your holiday home decor with these icy DIY Christmas ornaments!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Want to give your Christmas tree a classy marble finish? Your search for high-end holiday decor ends here, with this simple Melting Ice Marble Ornaments Tutorial! Snowdrift white, icy blue, and garland green, these painted glass ornament patterns will be the wintry decor that will last all season long. All you need to do is apply some FolkArt Marbling Paint to clear glass ornaments for a sophisticated and far-out Christmas vibe. These homemade Christmas tree ornaments aren't just for the tree, either. Display them in a decorative bowl for a table centerpiece your family will fawn over!
Be sure to enter for a chance to win the Plaid Paints and Wooden Panels Giveaway during the 12 Days of Christmas in July! This giveaway runs until July 29th and you can receive an extra entry just by commenting below on this page.
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Project TypeMake a Project
- FolkArt Marbling Paints (White: 16921, Sour Apple: 16941, Blue: 16927)
- FolkArt Clearcote Acrylic Spray Sealer (Matte or Hi-Shine)
- Stencil tape
- Clear glass ornaments
- Waxed paper
- Paper towels
- Styrofoam block
- Popsicle sticks
- Rubbing alcohol
Remove the ornament cap and prepare each clear glass ornament before marbling by washing it in warm, soapy water. Rinse well and allow to dry. Next, wipe the exterior of each ornament with a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol, which will ensure that the surface is thoroughly clean and free of any soap residue.
Protect the work surface by placing a sheet of waxed paper over it.
Slightly insert a popsicle stick inside the glass ornament and wrap the stick and neck of the ornament with stencil tape creating a “handle.”
Using the Direct Pour Technique, squeeze a small amount of White onto the glass ornament while holding onto the popsicle stick handle and keeping it over the waxed paper. Working quickly and while still wet, squeeze a small amount of blue and any other desired FolkArt Marbling color onto the ornament too. Gently tilt the ornament from side to side allowing the FolkArt Marbling Paints to slightly swirl creating marbleized patterns.
When the entire surface is covered with FolkArt Marbling Paint, carefully set the handle into a styrofoam block to allow excess paint to drip and then allow the ornament to dry without touching a surface.
Marbling paint will dry within 24 hours and will be cured within 48 hours. Once cured, it is best to spray seal the painted marble with FolkArt Clear Acrylic Sealers.
NOTE: All marble painted surfaces should be kept for decorative purposes only as FolkArt Marbling is not dishwasher safe.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this project. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of July 30, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account).
- You have until Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What's your favorite Christmas painting craft? Let us know below in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Melting Ice Marble Ornaments Tutorial
Hand Painted Penguin Ornament DIY
Painted Snowmen & Penguin Ornaments
Fingerprint Snowman DIY Ornaments
Jazzy Striped Ornament
Silver and Gold DIY Ornaments
Fall Leaf Ornament
One Hour Rudolph DIY Ornament
Merry and Bright Ornament
Monogrammed Dotted Painted Ornament
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 4 Easy Small Wood Projects You Didn't Know You Could Make
- 14 Christmas Crafts for Adults, by 365 Days of Crafts
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 14 Free Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home