Simple Stripe Rug
This easy knit rug from Lily Sugar n' Cream works up quickly with two attractive stripes at each end of the rug. This rug knitting pattern includes instructions on how to create the fringe.
Find this and more knit stripe patterns in our "27 Knit Stripe Patterns" article!
- Lily® Sugar’n Cream yarn
- Main Color (MC): (Blue) 10 balls
- Contrast A: (Green) 2 balls
- Knitting Needles: Size 8 mm (U.S. 11)
Size: Approx 24 x 36 ins [61 x 91.5 cm]
Gauge: 10 sts and 15 rows = 4 in. [10 cm] in stocking st with 3 strands of yarn.
- With 3 strands of MC, cast on 61 sts.
- 1st row: (RS). K1. *P1. K1. Rep from * to end of row. This row forms seed st pat. Work a further 7 rows in seed st pat. **With 3 strands of A, work 2 rows in stocking st.
- Next row: (RS). With 3 strands of MC, knit. With 3 strands of MC, work 3 rows in seed st pat. With 3 strands of A, work 2 rows in stocking st.
- Next row: (RS). With 3 strands of MC, knit.** Cont in seed st pat until work from beg measures 31½ ins [81 cm] ending with RS facing for next row. Work from ** to ** as given above. With 3 strands of MC, work 7 rows in seed st pat. Cast off in pat.
- Fringe: Cut strands of MC, 6 ins [15 cm] long. Holding 5 strands tog, make into fringe along cast on and cast off edges spacing 1 inch [2.5 cm] between each fringe.