Dreidel Quilt Block
Get started on holiday decorations for your home with this fun, no-sew quilt block you can frame or attach to a quilted background. Use a child's drawing, printed onto muslin, or create your own design on a piece of muslin. When you add beads, tape and thread, the result is a 3-dimensional festive decoration. And it's a great way to use up your fabric scraps!
- 8" x 10" muslin fabric with your design printed or drawn
- Two 8" x 10" sheets of double-sided Treasure Tape
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik 1/8" ribbon in 002 Gold
- Kreinik #32 Braid in 005 Black
- Yellow checked ribbon
- Scraps of blue fabric cut into small pieces
- Remove the white backing from your 8x10 sheet of Treasure Tape. Lay the muslin on the sticky tape, with the printed side facing the tape. Smooth out any bubbles.
- Turn your fabric piece over and remove the red liner exposing the top sticky area.
- Lay the Kreinik Braid all around the outline of the dreidel and the center outlines, pressing into the tape to adhere.
- Lay the Kreinik gold Ribbon at the top of the dreidel, as shown in the photo. Overlap and lay the ribbon side to side. Press into the tape to adhere securely.
- Fill in the center outline with scraps of blue fabric, pressing into the tape to adhere.
- Lay strips of checked ribbon as shown in the photo, all around the remaining areas of the dreidel. Overlap and lay the ribbon side to side.
- Lay the scraps of blue fabric all around the outside area as desired.
- When thread and fabric decorating is complete, lay your design in a shallow pan or tray and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets. If needed, attach the quilt block to a background quilt using an 8x10 sheet of Treasure Tape.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.
Read NextHanukkah Napkin Ring