Birthday Party Invitation
Create this fun birthday invitations for your next party. The colors are vibrant, the stamping is easy to do and the beadlets make the card spring to life.
- "Let's Party" stamp set by Stampin' Up, or something similar
- Spectrum stamping pad (Stampin' Up)
- Two 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheets
- Kreinik #12 Braid 029, 1223, 015
- Kreinik 1/16" Ribbon 024
- Small flat-backed cabochons or buttons
- White cardstock, 4.25" x 5.5"
- Orange cardstock, 8.5" x 5.5, folded in half to make a vertical card
- Diamond Beadlets®
- Shallow pan or tray
- Using the Spectrum stamp pad, stamp "Let's Party", cakes, presents, and the party hats on the white cardstock.
- Peel back the white liner and lay the 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheet on the white cardstock you just decorated.
- Cut the white taped cardstock with your scissors in a slightly curved pattern, to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller than your card front.
- Peel off the red liner and begin decorating your rubber-stamped areas by laying the flat-backed cabochons on the hats, cake and present images.
- Using the various colors of Braid, lay the thread on the images as if to replicate bows, pom-poms etc. Use our photo as a guide.
- Lay the 1/16" Ribbon all around the edge of the white cardstock.
- When thread decorating is complete, lay your card in the shallow pan and cover all remaining sticky areas with the Diamond Beadlets.
- Using strips from your other Treasure Tape sheet, attach the decorated white cardstock to the center front of your orange card.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.