Adorable Repurposed Sweater Mittens
You will have so much fun with these recycled craft ideas that you won't want to stop until you have made a pair for your entire family. These Adorable Repurposed Sweater Mittens would make great Christmas gifts for anyone on your list. Easy to make and especially inexpensive, these mittens are the perfect project to complete this winter. Best of all, these recycled crafts ideas can be personalized with any color scheme or pattern you wish. Create these Adorable Repurposed Sweater Mittens from thrift store sweaters.
- Scarves or sweaters
- Cleaning rags
- Hand drawn mitten pattern
- Sewing machine
- Throw any scarves or sweaters in the washer with a load of cleaning rags on hot. Dry them on hot to continue the felting process.
- Use the mitten pattern you've made earlier and lay it on the scarf or sweater. Cut out 4 pieces for the mittens and sew them up with just a simple strait stitch on the sewing machine.
- Because the fabric is felted, just leave the opening of the mitten as is. It won’t unravel and you don’t want to make it too bulky by adding a hem there.
- Next, move on to your next clothing item.
- To minimize the amount of sewing on a more difficult fabric, lay the pattern so the outside edge is on the seam. By using the seam as the outside edge of the mitten, you don’t have to sew that area.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Holiday Sewing"
Look through these free sewing patterns to find the perfect sewing craft for every holiday. There are sewing crafts for Mother's Day, Christmas sewing ideas, and tons of DIY sewing projects.
There are no records