Happy Halloween Ribbon Wreath
Do it yourself halloween crafts in only five easy steps. Hang a ribbon wreath on your door to add some color and holiday spirit.Bring it out every year for some great Halloween cheer.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Wreath, Round Face, 12" x 2-1/2" x 1"
- Black ultra-fine glitter
- Black; orange pony beads, one package each
- Foam-safe black spray paint
- Ribbon, 1-1/4" wide: black grosgrain, 1 yd.; sheer orange, gold, black wire-edged, 5 yds. each
- Wire or thin black ribbon, 6" length
- Wooden skewer
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: Large cardboard box
- If desired, place foam wreath inside large cardboard box outdoors or in well-ventilated area. Spray paint wreath black; sprinkle with glitter while wet. Let dry completely.
- Tie grosgrain ribbon into a bow with tails; set aside. Cut approximately twenty 4" lengths from each sheer ribbon color; cut more as needed to fill out wreath shape.
- Apply dot of glue to opening of a black pony bead; immediately insert one end of a sheer black ribbon length through hole until tight. Let dry; trim excess ribbon above bead. Repeat to bead all black and gold ribbons black; bead all orange ribbons orange. Let dry.
- Refer to photo to join beaded ribbon lengths to wreath. Beginning just inside wreath opening, dot wreath with glue and use wooden skewer to push free end of one ribbon length into foam. Continue adding ribbons in concentric circles around wreath, cutting and beading more ribbons as needed. Offset ribbons slightly from circle to circle.
- Use fingers to bend ribbon lengths toward outside edge of wreath as shown. Twist wire ends, or knot thin ribbon ends, together to create hanging loop. Glue ends into center top back of wreath.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.