Natural Looking Colored Eggs
By: The Designers of Krylon
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You can easily make these Natural Looking Colored Eggs with paint from Krylon. The best thing about this project is that you can customize the eggs to look however you'd like. Painted Easter eggs were never so easy and fun!
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - All-Purpose White (#51315)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Satin Ballet Slipper (#53526)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Raspberry (#52102)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Hot Pink (#SCS039)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Textured Paints - Rose Quartz (#18204)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Rhine River Rose (#2620)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Blue Danube (#2619)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Caribbean Blue (#2604)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Peekaboo Blue (#51517)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Satin Periwinkle (#53524)
- Krylon X-Metals - Anodized Blue (#2301)
- Krylon X-Metals - Anodized Purple (#2305)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Pacific Purple (#2607)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Purple (#51913)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Gum Drop (#51513)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Rich Plum (#51914)
- Eggs in a variety of materials: plastic, wood, styrofoam, foam, etc. (various sizes)
- Colored craft paper fillers
- Craft birds, bows, ribbons and accessories (optional)
- Egg carton(s)
- Removable dot labels and reinforcers from office store
- 1/4” masking tape from art store
- Painters Tape
- When preparing for this project, go through your holiday storage and pull out any plastic eggs, stryrofoam eggs or other decorator eggs that are no longer in use. The variety of textures and sizes will add interest to your baskets. Play with different sorts of stencils like I did here. Grab some mini stickers shaped like birds, stars, flowers, etc. to originate professional looking eggs. When finished, play with the monochromatic tonal palette and then switch eggs into opposing baskets to try and mix things up.
- Scatter newspaper to cover work surface. Place all but the styrofoam eggs into egg cartons and prime using Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White. Let dry. Flip eggs over to prime other side.
- Repeat technique to spray colors on eggs, using egg carton to hold eggs and flipping over. Use removable dot labels and reinforcers to create small dot and circle stencils. For larger dots, use reinforcers and cover “donut holes” with small dot labels. Use 1/4” masking tape to stencil stripes. Double up on tape to create varying widths. Use 1/4” masking tape and painters tape to mask checkers. *NOTE: Use only H2O Latex Paints on Styrofoam.
- Pink Eggs: Small Egg: Make It Stone!® Textured Paint in Rose Quartz
Medium Egg with Circles: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Raspberry over Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Satin Ballet Slipper using reinforcers as stencils
. Medium Egg with Small Polka-dots: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Satin Ballet Slipper over Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Raspberry using removable dot labels as stencils.
Large Egg: Short Cuts® Aerosol Paint in Hot Pink.
Styrofoam Egg: H2O Latex Paint in Rhine River Rose.
- Blue Eggs: Small Styrofoam Egg: H2O Latex Paint in Blue Danube River.
Medium Styrofoam Egg: H2O Latex Paint in Caribbean Blue
. Medium Egg: X Metals Paint in Anodized Blue
. Large Checker Egg: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Periwinkle and Peekaboo Blue. (Spray egg using one of the two colors. Let dry. Wrap one piece 1/4” tape horizontally around egg and one vertically. Mask two opposing sections with Painters tape. Spray remaining color. Let dry. Wrap center with ribbon.)
- Purple Eggs:
Small Egg: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Purple.
Medium Egg: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Rich Plum
. Large Egg with Large Dots: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Gum Drop over Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Purple using reinforcers and small dot labels as stencils.
Styrofoam Egg: H2O Latex Paint in Pacific Purple.
Porcelain Egg with stripes: X Metals Paint in Anodized Purple over Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Gum Drop using 1/4” tape as stencil and reinforcers on ends.
- Craft Bird: Light mist of Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Gum Drop Wings accented with Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Periwinkle.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 5-Minute Crochet Easter Bunny
- Bunny Peeps Bunting
- DIY Easter Basket Ideas: 28 Easter Baskets to Make
- "Crafts for Easter: Blogger Edition 2009" eBook
- "Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes" free eBook
- Easter Bunny Mug Cozy
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- Cute Styrofoam Cup Bunny
- Crochet Easter Eggs Wreath
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Painted Patriotic Decor
- Upcycled Box Party Tray
- All-American Upcycled Can
- DIY Captain America Notebook
- Upcycled Party Lanterns
- Jar Decorations for Summer
- Mason Jar Wedding Centerpieces
- Make Mosquito Repellent Candles
- Bug Jar That Glows in the Dark
- Custom Candles in a Jar Shape