Triangle Wire Mesh Basket
Wire mesh is used to create a lovely, triangle basket on a wire stand. Use it on a nightstand to hold rings.
By Jana Ewy for AMACO
AMACO® ArtEmboss® — Bright Gold
AMACO® WireMesh® — Brass
Fun Wire™ (24 Gauge) — Gold
Needle Nose Pliers
1/16 inch Hole Punch
- Unfold the brass mesh. Use the brayer to smooth out the creases.
- Measure and cut the mesh using the rotary cutter. Sm. 32 x 62, Med. 42 x 82, Lg. 52 x 102.
- Measure and cut three stripes of the gold metal. Sm. 12 x 72, Med. 12 x 92., Lg. 12 x 112.
- Using the embossing tool and the ruler, measure and score down the middle of each metal stripe.
- Apply a light coat of the spray adhesive to two of the metal stripes. Place them on a flat surface, adhesive side up.
- One side at a time. Center and adhere the brass mesh (long side) along the scored line of each metal stripe. Fold the remaining metal over the mesh and seal together using the brayer. Repeat for other side.
- Trim off the excess metal.
- Carefully fold up the corners from one side to form the triangle.
- Adhere the third stripe of metal along these two raw edges. Fold the metal over and seal with the brayer. Trim.
- Punch holes at the two corners for the handle.
- Cut a piece of wire to the desired length for the handle. Now cut a much longer length of wire, add some beads and twist and wrap this wire around the handle wire. Attach handle to the basket.
- Using the needle nose pliers, form a piece of wire into a spiral, add some beads for embellishment and attach to the point of the basket.
Read Next12+ Macrame Plant Hanger Tutorials
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.