Re Cover that Lamp
Update a tired old lamp with a new fabric covering for the shade.
- If you want more light in your room, pick a lighter colored fabric to compliment your interior design. Recycle an unused tablecloth or pick up a cheap used one from a thrift store.
- Remove the shade from the lamp and lay the fabric down on a table.
- Place your shade on top of the fabric on the seam, so that the top opening of the shade is facing the middle of the fabric.
- Starting at the seam, use a pencil or sewing marker to trace along the bottom of the shade as you roll the shade around the fabric. Finish when you’ve returned to the seam.
- Making sure your shade is lined up correctly, again trace the smaller, top circle opening of the shade.
- Cut out your fabric.
- Using spray adhesive or other adhesive, glue the fabric around the shade, starting at the seam. Before gluing the end of the fabric over the seam, fold it over slightly so that you have a clean edge. Do not worry about excess fabric at this point!
- Use clothes pins to secure the fold at the seam while the fabric is drying.
- Once dry, trim off any excess fabric along the edges. Use bias tape at the top and bottom edge to give it a finished look.
I hope this new lampshade brightens up the room!
Read NextDIY Inspirational Corkboard