Polka Dot Tissue Lantern
This tissue paper craft from Alexa Westerfield shows you how to decorate a paper lantern and turn it in to a polka dot tissue lantern. This project is also great for using up scraps of tissue paper that you don't want to throw away.
- White paper lantern
- Collage Pauge™ Instant Decopauge (Matte Finish)
- foam brush
- several sheets of tissue paper in colors of your choice
- Fold tissue paper into several layers as shown.
- Cut circles into your tissue paper. I used a punch at first, but honestly it didn't work very well. My shapes were irregular, but if you notice, it doesn't hurt the overall aesthetic of the piece.
- Use a foam brush or your finger to apply Collage Pauge in little areas at a time (you don't want to spread it all over cause it will dry before you get to some parts). I chose to have heavy dots at top that tapered down into smaller dots as I went.
Some things to note:
- Don't forget to buy your lightbulb and cord to complete the look when you buy your lantern! But, you might just want it hanging on its own without a light. It will illuminate and glow in your room if hit by sunlight!
- Try this idea on the little medium or mini string lanterns. Using tissue paper in a rainbow of colors would be soooo pretty!
- This project isn't too time intensive, but it did take me 3 or so hours to complete. It would be the perfect thing to do while watching the tube!