Whether you use them as vases or fill them with the treasures of your adventures these colorful jars from Delta Creative will always seek to inspire you.
- Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel Transparent Glass Paint™
- Royal Blue 45 701
- Prussian Blue 45 705
- Kelly Green 45 704
- Delta Air Dry PermEnamel Paint™
- Ultra White 45 029
- Delta Stencil Mania™ Stencil- Inspirational Words 97 090 0710
- Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel Surface Conditioner™ 45 852 0202
- Paper plates
- Old jar lids or bottle caps
- Small spray bottle or a ½” brush
- Craft knife
- Remove labels from jars including all adhesive. Wash jars with warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Plan ahead, determine how the jars are going to line up and what color you want each one to be before starting.
- Place a lid or 2 to 3 caps on each plate and set the jar on top of the lid. The lid should be smaller than the bottom of the jar so that then paint runs off of the jar and onto the plate freely.
- Open and cut the tip off of the paint bottle nozzle, just a little bit. Starting at the top of the jar drizzle paint around the entire jar. Let the paint drip for a minute or two, and begin filling in any blank areas. You can use a sponge to pick up paint that has dripped off and use it also. Set aside to dry.
- Continue working in this same manner until all of the jars are painted in the desired color.
- Let jars sit for several hours, about 6 to 8 depending on temperature and humidity. When dry to the touch invert the jars and use the craft knife to cut off the drips. Let jars dry overnight.
- Position the stencil on the jar as desired. Dip the small end of a sponge into Ultra White, tap excess off onto plate and pounce it over the desired word. Remember stenciling requires very little paint, too much paint and it will run under the edges of the stencil. Less is better, you can always apply a second coat if you want more color.
- Let jars sit for a full time to allow the paint to cure completely. Enjoy!