Beaded Toile Tote Bag
Make this tote bag your own with the addition of any photograph. This is a great gift idea for something you love! Simply add a personal photo or inspiring image and watch as your Beaded Toile Bag comes to life. You don't even have to create the bag - simply purchase a toile bag at a local craft or discount store.
- Purchased tote bag with a toile pattern (we got ours at JoAnn Fabrics & Crafts)
- 4" x 6" photo (we used a yellow daisy picture taken at a lake lodge last summer)
- Two 4" x 6" red liner Treasure Tape™ sheets
- Diamond Beadlets®
- Kreinik #12 Braid in colors to match your photo (we used 091 Star Yellow and 015 Chartreuse Green)
- Shallow pan or tray
Remove white liner from one 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheet and place on top of your photo. Peel back the red liner to expose the top sticky area.
Begin thread embellishment by laying colors of #12 Braid in various places on your photo. For example, outline the flower petals with the yellow braid, and follow the stem lines with the green braid. Press the thread with your finger to make sure it adheres to the tape. Decorate to your heart's content. The more embellishment, the better.
When thread decorating is complete, lay the photo in your shallow tray and cover remaining sticky areas with the Diamond Beadlets.
- Attach the other 4" x 6" sheet of Treasure Tape to the back of your photo. Remove the liner to expose the sticky part, and attach the embellished photo to your tote bag in the desired position.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.