Winding Cables Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Winding Cables Scarf is a great project for those who would like to dip their toes in the world of Tunisian crochet cables. The repetitive pattern allows for sufficient practise of the technique creating a beautiful texture reminiscent of narrow countryside pathways. The worsted weight yarn recommended for this project offers sufficient warmth for this item to be worn throughout autumn and winter, while having great stitch definition and drape. The Winding Cables Scarf is worked flat, RS facing from right to left. The stitch count refers to the number of lps on hook on FP. There are four cable st patterns (2 back and 2 front worked over 6 sts each) running in parallel with sts being crossed in the same row every 4th row. Work tks sts in rows where sts cross over slightly looser otherwise the cables will look flat and stretched. "
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge:
16 sts x 12 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over cable st pattern
Finished SizeThe final scarf measurements (blocked): 22 cm x 198.5 cm (approx. 8.5 x 79.25 in)
- The Women’s Institute Soft & Smooth (100% Acrylic, | Aran | 400 g (14.1 oz) = 660 m (722 yds)), Mustard (#70058) 1 skein (approx. yarn amount used is 360 g)
- Tunisian crochet hook size 6.5 mm (US size K/10.5) with cable (at least 20 cm (8 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Cable needle or a crochet hook of similar size as above
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This great kitchen canister set is just like Martha's! Keep all your food organized with this easy kitchen craft. These Martha… Continue reading: "Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cross Puff Stitch Crochet Square
- Diy Fleece Tie Blanket
- Diamond Quilt C2c Graphgan
- Bearrison Bear
- Slithering Shawl
- Free Alphabet Bingo Printable Game For Kids
- Shamrock Pillow
- K'nex DIY Easter Cross
- Stenciled Treat and Dog Leash Holder
- Jolly Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home