Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This simply sophisticated scarlet crochet throw uses the double, single, and chain stitches to complete. Crochet this beautiful heirloom blanket for yourself or to give as a treasured gift. This blanket works up to look complicated; however, it is not as hard as you may think. The crochet stitches create a light and lacy and work up so intricately with such care. Even a light covering like this one will keep you warm. This crochet pattern combines the look of crochet shell stitches with the open look of a windowpane. While this was used for this Simply Sophisticated Scarlet Crochet Throw today, I think a bit of resizing would make this a lovely lacy crochet shawl. Actually, the cotton yarn makes this throw even lighter and when paired with the lace crochet stitches, it is light enough to wind up into a lovely circle. Poppy Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend 5 skeins, approximately 1,960 yards. Size I Crochet Hook "
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 stitches per 4 inches. The crochet pattern is worked in multiples of 12 plus 9. If you are not familiar with this it means. The beginning chain of 141 stitches consists of 12 X 11= 132 + 9 = 141.
Finished SizeThis blanket is long at approximately 81 inches without the fringe. I have family members that are over six-foot tall, and they appreciate longer blankets. The width is approximately 42 inches. The fringe has been trimmed to approximately 6 ½ inches.
- Poppy Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend 5 skeins, approximately 1,960 yards.
- Size I Crochet Hook
- yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you need more storage space but don't have extra room or money to do it, try repurposing an old piece of furniture from your… Continue reading: "Elegant Refurbished Entryway Cabinet"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Neo Mint Crochet Cable Hat
- Winter Placemat & Coaster Set
- Candy Corn Mini C2c
- Ghost Mini C2c
- Dana Scarf
- Concentric Squares Throw Blanket
- Lace Choker With Fringe
- Dia De Los Muertos Mask
- 2 Step Diy Coastal Christmas Starfish
- Seamen’s Church Institute
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home