Moon And Stars Tunisian Crochet Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Night sky can appear in so many ways depending on the time, season, weather and this ever-changing scenery was an inspiration behind this design. This blanket is a beginner friendly Tunisian crochet project introducing several different techniques used in Tunisian crochet that can be a great stepping stone to learning this crochet style. The pattern is written for toddler/ small child size of blanket; however the design can be modified easily by adding or reducing star or moon sections vertically or horizontally to make the final blanket larger or smaller according to your specific need. "
NotesThe blanket is crocheted flat with RS always facing. It consists of three horizontal sections of Star or Moon patterns (each is 50 stitches x 50 rows of Tunisian simple stitches large) that are surrounded by border (10 stitches x 10 rows) of Honeycomb stitch (Please see Moon and Stars Tunisian Crochet Blanket schematic) in alternating colours of A, B, and C.
The charts are worked flat. The Star pattern is repeated 3 times horizontally and 3 times vertically when completing the blanket, except for the first horizontal segment where it is repeated twice. The Moon pattern is crocheted once in the bottom right corner. There are two versions of the Moon pattern to choose from, one off centred (V1) and one aligned centrally (V2). The blanket pictured throughout this pattern was crocheted using the Moon pattern V1.
The Moon and Star patterns colourwork can be crocheted in two different ways depending on the preference. It can be done either as stranded colourwork or intarsia. If using stranded colourwork, the background colour is carried over and wrapped around the pattern colour every 2-3 stitches to avoid loose floats. It is important to keep the passive yarn taut but not too tight to avoid distorting the Star or Moon pattern. When using intarsia, a separate bobbin for each colour is required and only 1 colour is used at a time with the inactive colour left hanging until the next colour change.
It is important to lock the strands of yarn when changing colours in either of these methods (Please see Stitch guide).
Crochet HookJ/10 or 6 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeBlocked Gauge: 15 sts x 14 rows= 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in) over tss
Finished SizeThe final blanket measurements (blocked): 127 cm x 137 cm (approx. 50 x 54 in)
- Stylecraft Special DK (100% Acrylic | DK | 100 g (3.5 oz) = 295 m (323 yds), Apricot (A) #1026 3 skeins, Turquoise (B) #1068 3 skeins, Silver (C) #1203 3 skeins
- Tunisian crochet hook size 6 mm (J-10) with cable (at least 100 cm (40 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Have you ever seen a more beautiful way to recycle pill bottles? Rather than throwing empty pill bottles away, make this Stunningly… Continue reading: "Stunningly Beautiful Pill Bottle Lamp"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute Crochet Frog Bookmark
- Octopus Colouring Pages
- Making Christine's Dressig Robe For <$10
- Simple Dress To Sew
- Simple Sew Remote Pillow
- How to Tie Dye with Bleach
- Printable Summer Mad Lib PDF
- Essential Oil Itch Relief Cream
- Picasso Pastels Murano Glass Bracelet
- The "any Size" Turban Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home