Minty Al Fresco Dining Set
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"The Al Fresco Dining Set is the perfect accessory to decorate your table for your outdoor dining during summer months and beyond. The vibrant colours are reminiscent of turquoise blue seashores with golden sand; they bring back cherished memories of joyous, carefree holidays, that were once lived but remembered forever. The set is worked using Tunisian crochet technique and consists of four coasters and four placemats. The Set is worked flat, RS facing from right to left, and assembled using the whip stitch along the first row of the first triangular segment and ESs of the last triangular segment. Both coasters and placemats consist of 6 identical segments worked in a round. Individual segments are created by decreasing by one stitch each row from the starting number of stitches (loops) to 3 stitches (loops). Stitches are then picked up along the edge of the previous segment to the starting number of stitches (loops). Adding segments in this manner eventually creates a circular pattern with a small hole in the middle that can be closed off when seaming the circles at the end. Complimentary colour is added on return pass of row 4 in coasters and row 7 in placemats and alternated with the main colour for 4 and 6 rows, respectively. The number of loops is recorded at the end of forward pass of a particular row. "
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge14 sts x 14 rows = 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 in)
Finished SizeFinal measurements (blocked): Coaster: 14 cm (5.5 in) in diameter Table mat: 29 cm (11.5 in) in diameter
- Yarn and Colors Epic (100% Cotton | worsted | 50 g (1.75 oz) = 75 m (82 yds)), Opaline Glass (MC) #074 5 skeins, Golden Glow (CC) #011 2 skeins
- Tunisian crochet hook size 5 mm (H-8) with cable (at least 10 cm (4 in)) or size to obtain the gauge
- Tapestry needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"A gathered waist dress pattern is the perfect clothing item for summer! Fun and easy to sew, this women's summer dress pattern and… Continue reading: "Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Little Black Dress Pattern
- Honey Chocolate Cowl
- C2c Jaguar
- Mirror Sparkle Ornament
- Classic Striped Dish Towel
- Crochet Wave Stitch Afghan Pattern
- Baby Penguin Amigurumi
- Beginner Friendly Crochet Afghan Pattern
- How to Crochet a Scrubby with Scrubby Yarn
- How To Make Fairy Wings For Dolls
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home