How To Crochet The Classic Granny Square
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Learning how to crochet the classic granny square is one of the first patterns that a beginner at crochet often learns how to make. The granny square is a design that can be used to create all kinds of fun projects. Easy-to-Learn Crochet Pattern The basic granny square is a classic that is simply perfect for a beginner for many reasons. One is that it helps a new crocheter read a crochet pattern while making something that is quick to make. Another reason is that the pattern is repetitive. Once you get beyond round three, the pattern is a repeat of rounds two and three."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gaugedepends on the yarn that you choose for your project. If you use a worsted weight yarn with a size H hook, you will probably have between 12-16 stitches in 4-inches.
Finished SizeIf you crochet 6 rounds approximately 6 1/2 inches square
- any worsted yarn. Actually any yarn works for a granny square. But if you are just beginning. Use a worsted or medium weight yarn
- Size H Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- C2c Window Pane Throw Pillow
- Lois Shawl
- C2c Bunny
- 6 Granny Square Crochet Lovey Blanket Patterns
- Football Earwarmer
- Barnabee Bumbles
- Unicorn Fanny Pack
- Bella The Butterfly Appliqué
- The Easiest Diy Tassels
- Elephant Finger Puppet
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home