Endless Summer Tote Bag
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This tote bag is comprised up of floral afghan squares that were inspired by Hydrangeas, and also features a beautiful ribbed pattern. As far as the lining goes, in the past, I have crocheted other tote bags that I chose not to line, and I ended up really disappointed with how much they stretched out, so I made sure with this one that I added a lining to the bag itself, and the strap. I highly recommend if you will be carrying around anything with a little weight. I used Red Heart Super Saver, which is a pretty durable yarn, however, I think a cotton yarn such as Lily Sugar n Cream would have been a better option for something that will keep a lot of use, and dragged around from one place to another. The cotton option will also make the bag a little larger."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeIn SC Pattern: 40 SC by 10 Rows: 11” (27.94 cm) Wide by 3.5” (8.89 cm) Tall
Finished SizeOne Size
- 450 Yards of Worsted Weight #4 Yarn – I used Red Heart’s Super Saver in Soft White – a full skein, and small amounts of Turqua (Blue) and Tea Leaf (Green)
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Stitch Marker
- Tape Measure
- Optional for Sturdy Bag Bottom, 10.88″ Wide by 2.63″ Tall Piece of Stiff 7 Mesh Plastic Canvas (or Craftweight Interfacing)
- Optional for Lining, Sewing Pins
- Optional for Lining, Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread
- Optional for Lining, Less than 1 Yard of Felt (or more of another fabric) – I used Craft Felt Fabric from JoAnn’s in the Sandstone colorway
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Oscar Ballot Printable 2021
- Waves Of Emotions Cowl
- Striped Hourglass Square
- Make Your Own Fake License Plate For Your Kids Bike
- Earth Day Crochet Doily
- Eyelet Lace Tee
- Ministering Angel Free Printable
- Cardboard Tube Bunny Rabbit Family
- Sheep Painted Rocks
- Paper Plate Tropical Fish
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home