Basic C2c Chunky Afghan
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This crochet pattern is for a basic, chunky, beautifully textured corner to corner afghan. Worked in two strands of worsted weight yarn (or one strand of chunky weight yarn), this cozy afghan works up fairly quickly. My afghan is worked in a solid color, but you could use some Caron Cakes yarn (or similar) for an easy, colorful afghan, or change colors as you see fit. For my blanket, I used about 8.33 (1/3) Skeins of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in the Ivory colorway (two strands held together). In it's place, you could use one strand of chunky/bulky (#5) yarn. Take a gauge. If you don't mind a slight difference in measurements, gauge isn't essential. You could even go up a hook size, and use super bulky yarn for a larger blanket. This afghan took me just over 11 hours to work up."
Crochet HookM/13 or 9 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge11 DC by 6 Rows = 5″ by 4.5″
Finished SizeOne Size
- 2960 Yards of Worsted Weight Yarn – I used about 8.33 (1/3) Skeins of Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn in the Ivory colorway
- M13/9mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Allemande Coasters - Tunisian Striped Mitered Coasters
- Patriotic Pinwheels
- One For All Basic Crochet Finger Puppet Pattern
- Large Crochet Mesh Market Bag
- Printable Beach Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- Reindeer Gift Bag
- Printable Desserts Word Scramble
- Dinosaur Felt Bag
- Diy Dinosaur Sweatshirt Sewing Tutorial
- C2c Sloth
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home