Use your Imagination
Giant fantacy stick puppets makes any day a fun day. And with the help of Kathleen George you can make it in four easy steps.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Ball, 6"
- Wooden dowel, 7/16" x 30"
- Acrylic craft paint, assorted colors
- Craft foam: assorted colors
- Construction paper, assorted colors
- Embellishments (optional): 1", 2" and 2-1/2" balls of STYROFOAM brand foam; yarn; buttons; ribbons; trims; wiggle eyes; chenille stems; drinking straws; tissue paper; toothpicks; candy cups; pom poms; felt
- Paintbrush, 1", firm
- Wooden skewer, pencil or chopstick
- Wide mouth jar
- Thick, white craft glue or low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Insert skewer, pencil or chopstick in foam ball to use as handle. Paint foam ball color of your choice. Let dry.
- Place head on large mouth jar and get ready to decorate! Blue puppet sports spiral hair cut from orange craft foam; ears made from a foam ball cut in half; a nose made from a foam ball; and mouth, cheeks and eyes cut from craft foam. His green tie is made from craft foam and decorated with foamie polka dots. The purple teddy bear has a muzzle, nose and ears made from foam balls; her hairbow and collar made from craft foam, as are her eyes and cheeks.
- Hair: insert pieces of yarn, drinking straws or chenille stems into top of head.
- Eyes and nose: Cut from craft foam or construction paper, or glue on foam balls, wiggle eyes, candy cups, buttons, pom poms.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
This craft project was featured in 13 Kids Crafts for Father's Day. See them all here.
Read NextPaper Plate Tropical Fish