George Washington Powdered Wig
Dress-up like the birthday boy himself – our very first president George Washington – with this fun and educational project for Presidents Day.
- Approximately half a bag of cotton balls per wig
- Paper painter’s cap
- Black ribbon
- White craft glue
- Safety scissors
- Give the painter’s hat a little more shape by stuffing some rags or towels inside it to make it stand as though it will when placed on your child’s head.
- Glue cotton balls directly to the hat as if they were the curls of a wig. Cover the entire hat.
- Cut enough of the ribbon to tie a small bow. Glue the bow to the cotton balls as if a ponytail that would hang over the nape of the neck.
- Let your child wear and feel like a true American patriot.