American Girl Doll Sandals
Learning how to make doll clothes can be so much fun (and a big money-saver too)! In this video from Carolyn Wainscott, you'll learn how to make American Girl Doll sandals from scraps you probably already have at home. These sandals will fit any 18" doll.
- Sheets of adhesive backed craft foam
- Beads, trims (optional)
- Make sole pattern by drawing around doll's foot.
- Cut 2 soles from foam for each pair of sandals.
- Turn pattern over-cut 2 more soles.
- Pair up 1 sole from step 2 to 1 from step 3 [twice] Non-adhesive sides will be against doll's foot, adhesive sides will be together.
- Cut ½ inch strips from foam for top of sandal [approximately 4 ½ inches long].
- Remove paper from 1 sole.
- Place against bottom of doll's foot with adhesive side down.
- Wrap ½ inch strip over top of foot, attach ends onto adhesive on bottom [do not remove paper from strip so it will not stick to foot].
- Remove paper from other sole for same foot.
- Carefully place adhesive side to adhesive side, encasing ends of strip.
- Cut ¼ inch strip for edge of sole approximately 7 ½ inches long.
- Remove paper as applying to sole.
- Start on back of sole edge, press firmly onto edge being careful NOT to stretch foam strip.
- Embellish as desired, small pieces cut from foam make great trims.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crafting with Kids"
Crafting with Kids
Hundreds of free craft projects for kids to do and great craft projects for gifts for kids. Free craft projects that kids will love. Craft activities to keep kids busy. Fun crafts for kids to do. How to recycle items for kids crafts.