We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Sandy Sandler is no stranger to hard work. This talented entrepreneur has had the opportunity to establish several businesses in the craft world. Earning her degree in Psychology from the University of Southern California and a MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management, Sandy started her career as a product marketer in 1989, when she introduced the "Klika" to the U.S. market. Over 3 million Klikas sold in just nine months.
Sandy Sandler’s current venture is the non-profit, Crafters 4 Kids, with the mission of creating creativity by bringing arts and crafts to children and families. Crafters 4 Kids is a 501(c)(3), dedicated to bringing crafts to our technologically dependent world. The two primary goals of Crafters 4 Kids are:
- To introduce crafting as a way to build self-esteem and creativity to children and their parents.
- To provide a website where parents, teachers and children can go to find quick, easy and fun, inexpensive crafts projects that even the most “craft-phobic” parent can do with their children.
Prior to starting Crafters 4 Kids, Sandy created the top-selling Bowdabra®. Sandy was having a hard time training people to hand-tie professional-looking bows. She wasn't alone. When she attended gift and craft trade shows, Sandy recognized that the bow-tying workshops always drew crowds. However, despite the demonstrators' best efforts, retailers and crafters were still unable to create professional bows on their own.
After a great deal of research, Sandy contracted with a design engineer and began working on the Bowdabra®. When it was finished, she had an inexpensive "goof-proof" bow-maker that made a wide range of professional-looking bows. With the help of an angel investor, production began on the Bowdabra® and Sandy prepared to begin presenting it to retailers.
American retailers turned down the Bowdabra® in favor of competitors' bow makers, even though they admitted that they were inferior. Frustrated with the paltry response by the U.S. market, Sandy headed overseas to market the product she so believed in. The Bowdabra® began to sell container loads in Europe, Brazil, and Australia. Sandy decided it was time to bring the product back state side and created HPA Enterprises, inc.
In December of 1998, the Bowdabra® debuted on QVC, selling out 5,000 units in less than 10 minutes. Over time, QVC reached $2.5 million in retail sales of the Bowdabra. Now, the Bowdabra® can be found in craft retailers all over the country, with sales and customer loyalty continuing to rise.
Sandy and her companies are based in Las Vegas, Nevada, where Sandy shares a home with her beloved Husky, Nouvelle. In addition to marketing and performing demonstrations of her bow-making tool, Sandy is active in the community. Sandy is committed to doing everything she can to help those less fortunate, through volunteering and with her non-profit Crafters 4 Kids.
Projects at FaveCrafts
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Frog Applique
- Bug Bite Relief Stick
- Field Of Flowers Crochet Stitch
- Crochet Scrubbie
- Easy Punch Needle (and More!) With The Cricut Maker
- Golden Maple Fall Scarf
- Peppermint Pedicure Bath Bomb Recipe
- Large Paper Mache Vintage Decoupage Bowl
- Coffee Topiary
- Granny Square Blanket Cardigan
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home