Merry Christmas Ornament Card
Christmas time is a joyous occasion. Create your own cards using gold and metallic card stock.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Ball, 2-1/2"
- Foam-safe spray paint, metallic brass
- Paint pen, metallic gold
- Card stock: cream, one sheet; metallic gold scrap
- Paper, one sheet each: pink/metallic gold handmade; white tissue
- "Merry Christmas" rubber stamp
- Watermark ink pad
- Gold embossing powder
- Embossing heat tool
- Pink ribbon, 1/4" x 1/4 yd.
- Cream pearl bead, 6mm
- Fine-gauge gold craft wire
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Scissors: standard; decorative-edge of choice
- Adhesives: glue stick; dimensional dots
- Thick, white craft glue
- Cut 7" x 10" piece from card stock; score and fold to measure 5" x 7".
- Cut 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" piece from pink paper; use glue stick to adhere paper to center front of card, leaving 1/8"-wide border.
- Use watermark ink pad to stamp sentiment onto cream card stock. Shake embossing powder onto image and tap off excess. Follow manufacturer's instructions to heat emboss image.
- Use decorative-edge scissors to trim sentiment to desired size. Use same scissors to cut slightly larger mat from gold card stock; use two adhesive dots to join layers together. Use glue stick to adhere sentiment to top front of card as shown.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foam ball in half. Tear small pieces from tissue paper and glue to one foam half-ball, covering surface.
- In well-ventilated area, follow manufacturer's instructions to spray paint tissue-covered foam; let dry. Use white glue to adhere ornament to front of card.
- Cut 2" length from wire and bend into small loop. Glue straight wire ends into hole in bead.
- Tie ribbon into bow; trim ends as desired. Use white glue to glue bead and ribbon to top of ornament.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.