Sparkly Sea Shell Ornament
Collecting seashells is a fun way to remember your times at the beach, but it's hard to figure out what to do with those lovely shells once you return. This Sparkly Sea Shell Ornament is a homemade Christmas ornament that will put those pretty little souvenirs to good use. Whether you want to remember a fun vacation or if you live on the shoreline, this pretty ornament is a unique way to decorate the tree. DIY glass ornaments are easy to decorate, and you will have a blast reliving sea life with this Sparkly Sea Shell Ornament.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Turquoise, 5 oz.
- Glass ball ornament - Clear
- Sea shells
- White string or old shoelace
- Used pearls
- Paint brush
- Hot glue gun
- Paint ornament with one coat of Turquoise Extreme Glitter. Let dry.
- Paint small seashells with Turquoise Extreme Glitter. Let dry.
- Take a handful of seashells and place into a washcloth. Cover them and take a hammer and break the shells into small pieces. Put the shell pieces into the glass bulb and hot glue the lid into place.
- Take four white clam shells and hot glue to the top of the bulb.
- Take four small clam shells and paint them with Turquoise Extreme Glitter. Hot glue them onto the larger shells.
- Keep gluing shells to the top of the ornament until the lid is covered.
- Take white string and make knots throughout the entire length. Tie to the top of the lid to hang from the tree. Use 4 string streamers to hang down the bulb.
- Take recycled pearls and embellish around the shells.
Read NextChristmas in July 2022