Embellished Wooden Peace Sign
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Unfinished wooden holiday decorations are a lot of fun to paint and personalize. They can be simply decorated or ornately embellished. Also, unfinished home decor signs or shapes make an inexpensive gift. Don't forget to get the kids involved in helping you complete a group gift. After you have painted the unfinished wooden sign with acrylic paint, plan the placement of the embellishments. Create breathtaking sparkle by applying an abundance of gems. You can definitely "wow" the grandparents or other lucky recipients with a one-of-a-kind gift."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Unfinished wooden hanging decoration
- Acrylic paint (white, green, red, silver) paint brush
- Liquid adhesive
Embellishments: Metallic Red & Silver Round Dew Drops and
Pearl White Diamond Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest)
Cover your work surface to protect it from any paint splatters. Paint the wooden sign with a base coat of white acrylic paint.
When thoroughly dry, lightly sketch any guidelines with pencil that will help you paint the details. Paint each letter a different color. One option is to have the sides of the letter a different color than the top color.
Embellish - Plan your design by temporarily placing the Dew Drops until you are satisfied with the arrangement. Consider possibly outlining, filling in, or creating a unique pattern. Even a random mixture of colors and shapes can be very beautiful.
Adhere the Dew Drops in place with clear drying liquid adhesive.
Use Diamond Dew Drops to form a unique pattern. Use five diamonds to form a star shape. Finally, adhere the Dew Drops with clear drying liquid adhesive.
Notes(TIP: Before you move any Dew Drops, take photos to avoid the frustration of being unable to recreate the design from memory. Additionally, taking photos is helpful when you are having trouble deciding between different arrangements or colors. This will allow you to compare designs.)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This great kitchen canister set is just like Martha's! Keep all your food organized with this easy kitchen craft. These Martha… Continue reading: "Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters"
- Cheap Retro Christmas Camper Centerpiece
- Spiral Rose Book Page Wreath Tutorial
- Scrap Denim Angels
- Butterfly Angel
- Unique Tampon Angel Christmas Ornament
- Rustic Denim and Burlap Stars
- Coffee Filter Angels Christmas Ornament Craft
- DIY Sparkly Pinecones
- Upcycled Tuna Can Butterfly Ornament
- Upcycled Christmas Tin
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cross Puff Stitch Crochet Square
- Diy Fleece Tie Blanket
- Diamond Quilt C2c Graphgan
- Bearrison Bear
- Slithering Shawl
- Free Alphabet Bingo Printable Game For Kids
- Shamrock Pillow
- K'nex DIY Easter Cross
- Stenciled Treat and Dog Leash Holder
- Jolly Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home