A Pair of Holiday Bears
Have the kids help create a pair of friendly holiday bears from AMACO, one with a scarf and one with a festive candy cane. Turn one bear into a holiday panda with a small amount of black paint. The scarf if made with clay too
- AMACO® SuperDough™ — White, Blue and Red
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Small paintbrush
- craft glue (optional)
Note: Please provide adult supervision for children to avoid injury.
Dab a tiny amount of craft glue to each joint to secure if desired. This helps when drying to keep arms and legs from detaching.
- Body: Roll a 1" ball of White SuperDough™ into a cone shape, press flat against hard surface.
- Arms and legs: Roll four 3/4" white balls into logs. Roll one side of the log to make it thinner. Press in the thick end with thumb to create feet and paws. Press legs to body and arms to each side. Add paw marks with toothpick.
- Head: Roll a 3/4" ball of white. Press a toothpick into neck area. Press ball over toothpick. Roll two tiny balls. Add to head for ears. Roll a 1/4" ball and shape into a triangle. Press to front of face for snout. Roll a tiny ball for nose. Add nose to face. Poke holes for eyes. Paint nose black when dry.
- Scarf: Mix white and blue clay together until almost blended. Roll a log and flatten. Wrap scarf around neckline.
PANDA BEAR: Follow same instructions for polar bear with the following exceptions:
- Add four tiny balls to feet for toes.
- Paint Ears, eyes, nose and toes black when completely dry.
- Candy Cane: Roll white and red log. Twist logs together. Shape into candy cane and add to front of panda under arms.
If you like this project, you might also like this Holiday Bear Knit Sweater Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Christmas Crafts"
Hundreds of free craft projects for Christmas decor or homemade Christmas gifts. Decorate your home for less with Christmas craft projects, ornament projects, holiday wreaths and more. Give festive Christmas gifts with these craft projects.
Sign Up for Free Holiday Crafts
There are no records