Japanese Fan Birthday Card
Here is a birthday card from Posh Impressions with a serenely elegant design. A Japanese-inspired design is stamped on a fan-shaped card.
- Fan-shaped cardstock by Stampendous
- Crane stamp from the Posh EZMount Japan set
- Bamboo Branch stamp from Penny Black
- Crack & Peel sticker paper
- Memories black dye ink
- Sparkling H2Os in colours of your choice
- Sakura white gel pen
- Coordinating ribbon of your choice
- Purchase fan cardstock or make your own from stock that has a subdued background.
- Ink Bamboo Branch with Memories black ink and stamp once or twice on scrap paper to remove some of the ink, and then stamp on cardstock once or twice. Repeat as many times as you wish.
- Ink Crane stamp with Memories black ink and stamp on opaque Crack & Peel sticker paper. Colour in the selected areas with the Sparkling H2Os and go over the white dots on the crane with the Sakura white gel pen to give the dots some dimension.
- When the paint and the gel are dry, cut the crane image out as close to the outline as possible.
- Decide where on the fan you want to place the crane then remove the backing from the image and affix to the cardstock.
- Write or print your sentiment above the slots in the fan.
- Lastly, cut a length of coordinating ribbon and weave it through the slots and glue down the tail in a nice manner. Put some clear tape on the back of the ribbon to keep it from moving in the slots.