Tiled Topiary Eggs and Tree
This project creates an elegant decoration for the kitchen or bathroom with mosaic tiled pastel colors. Or use this concept for a totally unique Easter decoration that's unlike anything the neighbors will have.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Cone, 12"
- Eggs, three 4" long
- Sheets of 3/8" tile squares: two light glue; one blue; one pale peach; one peach; one mauve; one light green; one green; one dark green
- Rubber gloves
- Grout, white
- Rubber spatula
- Tile nippers
- Old cloth
- Lint-free cloth
- Acrylic floor wax
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks or white, thick craft glue
- Using tile nippers, cut small number of each color tile in half lengthwise and diagonally; these will be the filler pieces. Determine design and colors for eggs and cone; models shown include vertical and horizontal stripes, swirls and crosses. Glue tiles to foam shapes, using generous amount of glue. Firmly press tiles in place, leaving 1/4" space between them. Let dry.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, mix the grout. Wear rubber gloves while working with grout. Use spatula to work grout into gaps between tile pieces; wherever possible, fill gaps with small tile pieces. As you work, remove excess grout from tiles with a damp cloth. Be sure all cracks and gaps are firmly filled with grout.
- Let dry for 30 minutes and then use lint-free cloth to rub all excess grout from tiles. Let dry for 24 hours. Coat with floor wax to seal the surface.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextSoap Dispenser Mason Jar Craft