Lace Valentine Hearts
By: Heidi Borchers of Inspired at Home
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create three different lace hearts, one filled with potpourri, for decorating or gift-giving this Valentine's Day. These lace hearts look would lovely as ornaments hung in your home. This pretty Valentine's Day craft project come to us from Heidi Borchers of Inspired at Home.
Materials: (for all items shown)
- For each: Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue
For potpourri heart:
- Lightweight cardboard: 1 (7”) square
- Batting: 1 (7”) square
- Fabric-Moiré: pink 2 (7-¼”) square
- Lace: White 2 (5-½”) square
- Lace Trim: pre-gathered white ¾” wide 18” length
- Ribbon Satin: burgundy 1/8” wide- 28” length
- Florist wire:26gauge 3” length
- Silk Flowers and leaves
- Metallic thread: gold 10” length
For small heart:
- Lightweight cardboard: 1 (4”) square
- Batting: 1 (4”) square-
- Fabric: Moiré pink 1 (5”) square
- Lace: White 1 (5”) square
- Lace Trim: pre-gathered- ½” wide- 12” length
- Ribbon-Satin: Mauve- ¼” wide- 13” length
For lace heart:
- Florist wire:19 gauge- 18” length
- Ribbon: satin-pink-½” wide- 1 yard
- Lace: ecru beige 5-½” square
- Lace Trim: pre-gathered ecru beige 1” wide 20” length
- Ribbon: satin ecru beige ¼” wide 26” length
- Florist wire: 26 gauge 3” length
- Roses: 3 pink Leaves: 10 green
For potpourri heart, transfer large heart pattern to cardboard and batting and cut out. Transfer small heart pattern to center of cardboard heart and cut out. Repeat with batting. Set small heart cutouts aside to make small heart (see step below*). Using cardboard heart as a guide, transfer pattern to 1 (71/4”) pink moiré fabric and cut out, adding ¾” all around to inside and outside edges. Glue large batting heart to one side of large cardboard heart. Let dry.
With batting side down, center and glue cardboard heart to wrong side of moiré fabric heart. Fold excess fabric around inside and outside edges to cardboard, clipping curves as needed, and glue in place. Let dry.
Transfer small heart pattern to each 5-½” lace square and cut out, adding ¾” all around. Center and glue edges of one lace heart to back of fabric covers heart to cover cutout area. Let. Dry. Lay remaining lace heart flat on back of first lace heart and glue edges, leaving a 2” opening unglued. Let dry. Stuff lace heart with potpourri and glue opening closed. Let dry.
Glue ¾” wide lace trim to the back of heart so that lace extends beyond edge of heart. Transfer large heart pattern to remaining 7-¼” moiré fabric square and cut out. Glue moiré heart to back of heart. Let dry.
Make a multi-looped bow with burgundy ribbon. Glue the bow to heart. Glue silk flowers and leaves on top of bow. Let dry. For hanger, fold the gold thread in half and knot thread ends through lace edging.
*For small heart, use small cardboard and batting heart cutouts leftover from potpourri heart or transfer small heart pattern and cut one each from cardboard and batting. Glue batting heart to one side of cardboard heart. Let dry. Transfer small heart pattern to 5” moiré fabric and lace squares and cut one each, adding ½” all around. With batting side down, center and glue cardboard heart to wrong side of moiré fabric heart. Fold and glue excess fabric to cardboard, clipping curves as needed. Let dry. Repeat with lace heart. Glue ½” wide lace trim to back of heart so that lace extends beyond edge of heart. Let dry. From mauve ribbon, cut one (7”) length and one (6” length. Tie 7” length in a bow and glue to heart. Glue ribbon rose on top of bow. For hanger, fold 6” ribbon length in half and glue ends to back of heart. Let dry.
For lace heart: beginning at one end of 18 gauge wire, tightly wrap pink ribbon around wire. Glue ends to secure. Referring to diagram, bend ribbon-covered wire in half and shape as shown, leaving 1” at each end. Twist ends together as shown.
Squeeze a line of glue along the wire heart on one side. Center 5-1/2” lace square on glue side of wire heart and press into glue. Let dry. Trim excess lace from around heart. Glue 1” wide lace trim to back of heart so that lace extends beyond edge of heart. Let dry.
From ecru beige ribbon, cut one (20”) length and one (6”) length. Make a multi-looped bow with 20” ribbon length. Glue bow to bottom of heart. Glue roses and leaves on top pf bow and wire heart. Let dry. For hanger, fold 6” ribbon length in half and glue ends to back of heart. Let dry.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Heart Felt Ornaments Tutorial
- Valentine's Day Heart Box
- Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts
- Mini Felt Conversation Hearts
- Crochet Valentine Shawl
- 72 Valentine's Day Ideas for Boyfriend
- Recycled Wool Owl
- Valentine Chocolates
- Crocheted Heart Headband
- 32 Valentines Crafts for Adults: Making Valentine Crafts for Adults
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Resting Dragon Coloring Page
- Dragon Fire Coloring Page
- You Are Loved Coloring Page
- Dream It Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Doodles Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Unicorn Coloring Page
- Color My Heart Happy Coloring Page
- With Kindness Coloring Page
- Follow Your Heart Coloring Page
- Power of Love Coloring Page