This interchangeable diaper bag from Clover USA can be used as a changing pad as well. Using assorted prints you can have the design you've always wanted. You can take this bag anywhere with you. This makes for a great baby shower gift.
- Fine quality 100% cotton is recommended. The featured project is in flannel. Pre-wash all fabric before cutting to prevent any shrinkage. These requirements are based on 42” of usable fabric selvage to selvage.
- 9 assorted prints total for the Puff Tops
- 1/4 yd each of 3 prints
- 1/3 yd each of 6 prints
- 1 Pkg. Puff Quilting Clip Refill Large Clover Art No. 8403
- 1 yd. for Puff Bases and Shoulder Straps
- 1 Puff Quilting Clip Set Large Clover Art No. 8401
- 1 bag (16oz) Stuffing 100% Premium Polyester Fiberfill
- 1 Pkg. Create-a-Strap Clover Art No. 9502
- 3/4 yd. 3/4" wide sew-on hook & loop
- 1 yd. 5/8" wide grosgrain ribbon
- Pins Clover Art No. 231
- Sewing Machine with zipper foot attachment
- Quilting Thread
- Marking Pen
- Rotary Cutter Clover Art No. 7500
- Mat Clover Art No.7522
- Ruler 6" x 24" clear Acrylic
- Mini Iron Clover Art No.MCI-900 OR Mini Iron II Clover Art No. 9100
The Puffs are constructed as squares. The pad consists of 8 Puffs across and 12 Puffs down. The Puffs are arranged as a nine-patch block. Eight complete nines patches and four 2/3 nine patches make up the pad surface. Make 96 Puffs.
The Puff Quilting Clip Set has complete instructions.
- Purchasing the refill of the clips allows you to set up multiple puffs for speedier construction.
- Using the small surface of either Mini Iron provides a nice pressing of the pleats to hold them in place without melting or distorting the clips.
- Though the Puffs can be sewn completely by hand, using the zipper foot on the sewing machine speeds the process of sewing the top to the base.
- Quilting thread gives the strength needed to close and join the Puffs.
- Cut 2 strips of the base fabric each 2" wide x 35" long.
- Cut 2 strips of Create-a-Strap 35".
- Cut 2 lengths of Grosgrain Ribbon each 35".
- Fuse the Create-a-Strap to the fabric straps, fold along the perforations and press.
- Align the ribbon over the center of the strap covering the raw edges and edge both sides of the ribbon.
- Open the second Puff in from each corner on the top and bottom of the pad... all four corners. Be sure to open the seam between the edge of the Puff to the pleat, do not remove any stitches over the pleated area.
- Insert the strap ends approximately 1" into the Puff. Stitch closed using the sewing machine for a really sturdy attachment.
- Cut Hook & Loop into 2 sections each 12-1/2" long.
- Separate the Hook & Loop strips and center the sections on each inside edge of the pad and hand sew to the base. T
Machine wash on the gentle cycle.
Read how exciting this diaper bag is!