32 New Baby Craft Ideas
By: Melissa Conner
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Who can't help but love a new baby? Those chubby cheeks and little fat toes just melt the heart...so why not create a special welcome for a new little girl or boy with one of these new baby craft ideas? From shower crafts and ideas to wearables you can make with ease, we have everything you need to welcome your new bundle of joy!
Whether you're going to or hosting a baby shower in the near future, we have lots of baby shower crafts to make for the big day! This Easy Diaper Trike, for example, makes a great gift and a fun centerpiece. Made with diapers, towels, and other baby necessities, new baby craft ideas like this make awesome conversation pieces and is something that expecting parents are sure to love! Along with decorative baby shower crafts, we've also included ideas for invitations and party favors, everything to create a stress-free and fun celebration!
And when the little bundle of joy finally does arrive, what better way to welcome it to the world than with sweet homemade baby gifts? These craft ideas for baby gifts are all easy to make and can be customized to fit a new boy or girl. We even have great gifts for those parents who would rather be surprised by the gender when the big day arrives! This Crocheted Bunny Toy is one such gift. Boys and girls alike will love this stuffed animal, and the multi-colored yarn makes this a great gift for everyone! You could even make the bunny sweater green or yellow to keep everything gender neutral. With these new baby craft ideas, you're sure to give a gift that will be both meaningful and unique.
Some of the most popular things to make for new babies are knitted baby blankets and crochet hats for babies. With our collection of wearable crafts for baby boys and girls, you can make baby onesies, baby afghans, and even little booties for the new baby in your life. Projects like this Rainbow Hat for Baby are easy to crochet and fun to give. And with lots of options for different blankets and clothes, one of these new baby craft ideas is sure to be just right for you and your little one!
So whether you're welcoming someone into the world, or you know someone who is, these 32 new baby craft ideas are perfect for creating a memorable and meaningful celebration of life and love.
32 New Baby Craft Ideas Table of Contents
Throwing a baby shower is a sweet thing to do for a mommy-to-be, and with these easy baby shower crafts to make, you'll have everything decorated and organized in no time! Create centerpieces, invitations, favors and tons of other baby shower crafts to help make your shower memorable for everyone!
- Handmade Baby Shower Invitations: Invite all your friends and loved ones to celebrate the new arrival with these cute Handmade Baby Shower Invitations. This craft tutorial comes with several varies, so you can customize this card however you'd like. And don't forget to save a few for your scrapbook!
- Baby Cakes Centerpiece: Add some whimsical flair to your baby shower with this cute easy to make centerpiece. There are lots of new baby craft ideas for reusing rattles, but this one takes the cake!
- Baby Shower Favor Tags: This shower favor tag is so easy to make and customize to fit your needs. Attach this cute tag to candy, cupcakes, or little packages of bubbles!
- Baby Shower Train: If you want some ideas for baby shower crafts to make, consider this cute Baby Shower Train! This craft makes a great centerpiece for a party, and you can also use it to serve little snacks.
- Stork on it's Way Centerpiece: This fluffy and friendly stork is just the thing to help welcome New Baby into the world! New baby craft ideas like this make a baby shower fun, but they're even better when they can help decorate the baby's nursery when the shower's over!
- Decorative New Baby Card: Announce the arrival of little Jr. with this cute new baby card. This is one project that's great to do when the little one naps!
- Cute Cupcake Diaper: This cute cupcake isn't edible, but it does make a fun gift for a fashionable mommy to be! Show off your creativity with this fun cupcake craft!
- Baby Food Jar Soy Candles: If the hunt is on for new baby craft ideas to make for party favors, look no further! Save up some baby jars and make these cute soy candles for your guests. This is a great favor for a first birthday party or just a way for you to recycle all those empty baby food jars!
- Baby Shower Decorations: Whether it's a boy or a girl, these great baby shower decorations are just the thing for your baby shower! The great thing about new baby craft ideas is that you can easily adapt projects you love to suit a new boy or girl. You could even use a mix of pastel colors for those who want to be surprised.
- Easy Diaper Trike: This fun and unique diaper trike is a great conversation piece! Made from diapers and towels, the Diaper Trike makes a great gift for parents! Plus moms and dads alike will love the cool look of this gift...and they won't believe how easy it was to make!
- Cute Decorative Baby Bucket: Homemade baby gifts mean so much to expecting moms and dads, so why not make this cute decorative bucket that can sit in the new baby's nursery? Parents can fill it with toys or other necessities and they will love that you went out of your way to make it yourself!
Whether it's funky baby clothes or cute and cuddly toys, homemade baby gifts are a great way to show your love for a new baby. Craft ideas are a plenty here, as we have great projects for those who love to crochet, scrapbook, and knit! And the great thing about these new baby craft ideas is that they're great for showers, first birthdays, Christmas, or just because!
- Baby Duck: Little girls and boys alike will love this cute little duck! This would be a great gift for a baby who resides in a duck themed nursery or would make a perfect gift for parents who are waiting to discover the gender of their child.
- Cookie Cutter Ornaments: These cute homemade baby gifts are great for new babies and Baby's First Christmas gifts. Made with colorful paper and cookie cutters, this easy to make gift is something parents are sure to love and admire!
- Tiny Toes Memory Plate: Commemorate the day your little one entered your life with this little ceramic plate. You could also do this technique on a coffee mug or tee shirt so you can show off your new baby! Craft ideas like this are fun to look back on as your baby grows older.
- Baby's Little Lamb: Create this adorable fluffy white lamb centerpiece made of STYROFOAM Brand Foam, chenille, and pink or blue ribbons. This craft makes a great addition to a baby shower as well.
- Knit Buddies: Need some new baby craft ideas for twins? This girl and boy doll set are adorable and easy to make! Have fun dressing them in the creative knit outfit of your choice!
- Crocheted Bunny Toy: Crochet a toy that your new baby will love for years to come. The crocheted bunny toy could easily become an heirloom to be passed down from generation to generation. Use this beginner crochet pattern ato make your own.
- Baby Caddy with Flowers: This caddy is great if you're looking for new baby craft ideas. Fill it with bottles, diaper pins, rattles, and other necessities. This little caddy makes a great baby shower gift as well.
- Baby Shells and Ribbon Tissue Box Cover: This tissue box cover is great to keep in the baby's nursery. If you love to crochet, baby afghan patterns are a great partner to this pastel tissue box cover.
It seems like people are always up for knitting and crocheting for baby! From crochet baby blanket patterns to newborn knit hats, we have lots of wearables and blankets that are prefect for your little one. These new baby craft ideas are easy to make and fun to give!
- Felt Baby Booties: Make these cute felt booties for a little boy or girl! Embellish them however you'd like. These cute little booties are easy and fun to make.
- Beautiful Crochet Baby Blanket: Ever wonder how to crochet a baby blanket? Well with this easy to follow tutorial, you can make a soft cuddly blanket for a little girl or boy. New baby craft ideas like this make great gifts for showers, too!
- Rainbow Hat for Baby: The only thing sweeter than a new baby is this adorable Rainbow Hat! Free crochet baby hat patterns like this are great for expecting moms or fun projects for those who have to wait in the waiting room!
- Blue and White Baby Blanket: New babies and parents alike will love cuddling up with this baby blanket! Knitting patterns like this one are easy to follow and customize, so you can make a blanket in any color you'd like.
- Crochet Shawl for Baby: This beautiful lace shawl is perfect for a little baby girl. New baby craft ideas like this are also great for first birthdays as well. This shawl can even be worn as the baby grows into the toddler years.
- Cuddly Hooded Baby Blanket: Precious knitted baby blankets like this make great baby gifts! Not only will this cozy blanket keep baby warm, but it also has a soft hood, perfect for wrapping up your baby for a walk outside.
- Stamped Baby Onesies: Personalize cheap baby clothes, like onesies and bibs, with this fun stamping idea! These new baby craft ideas make gifts that are meaningful and unique.
- Crochet Yellow Baby Blanket: Make a cute and cuddly blanket with this crochet baby blanket pattern. This soft sunshine yellow color is perfect for boys or girls. You could even mix and match colors to create a fun pattern! This blanket works up quickly and makes a great gift.
- Decorated Baby Shoes: Looking for unique and fun new baby craft ideas? These decorated baby shoes are unlike anything you've ever seen! This is also a great craft for moms to do after your little girl has grown out of her baby shoes. These shoes make cute gift package embellishments, ornaments, and decoration for the nursery!
- Day of the Week Bibs and Booties: These crocheted booties and bibs are so adorable! Make one for every day of the week! This is a fun project if a group of crochet fans are going in for a baby gift together.
- 5-Side Baby Afghan Crochet Pattern: Crochet a unique hexagon afghan for the new baby in responsible eco-friendly yarn. This baby afghan crochet pattern features fun bobbles throughout the design. The uni-sex yarn colors make this a great baby shower gift.
- Baby Poncho Knitting Pattern: New babies will love this soft knit poncho! Use a yarn with various colors to create this marbled look. This poncho can also be made for slightly older babies and toddlers.
- Baby Toque Hat: Crochet hats for babies are fun and easy to make! This toque hat pattern is perfect for 6-9 month olds...and you can change the colors on the border so it's perfect for a boy or girl.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Full of Love Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern
- Colorful DIY Agenda Planner
- Blinged Out DIY Cell Phone Case
- Egg Carton Flower Fairies
- Spring Flower DIY Wreath
- Ric Rac Rose Earrings
- Toilet Paper Roll Paint Stamps
- Paper Dolls Crochet Shawlette Pattern
- Teresa Collins Scrapbooking Set
- Pretty Hydrangea DIY Paper Flowers