Jingle Bell Hats for the Family
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Check out these Christmas hats to knit for the whole family! Think how fun it will be to wear the jester hats for your Christmas card photo, to the holiday parade, and everywhere else this Winter. Make matching hats or mix up the colors to create a cute set of 3 adorable knit hats. Don't forget to embellish them with sweet jingle bells, too! These hats work up quickly and are a fun project for knitters of all skill levels. Here's a crafty tip: After Christmas, just remove the jingle bell and you've got a cozy and cute hat to take you through the winter!
- 1 skein Red Heart ® “Super Saver®” yarn in Cherry Red Cherry Red (Child) or Burgundy (Women) or Paddy Green (Men)
- 4.5mm [US 7] 16" Circular Knitting Needles
- 4.5mm [US 7] Double Pointed Needles
- 3 Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- 3 jingle bells per hat
- Sewing needle and thread
Gauge: 18 sts = 4"; 24 rnds = 4" in St st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Hat Circumference: 16 (18½, 21¼)". Directions are for Children, changes for Women and Men sizes are in parentheses.
- With circular needle, cast on 68 (80, 92) sts. Join to work in the round making sure that sts are not twisted and place a marker between first and last sts.
- Rnd 1: * K2, P2; repeat from * around.
- Repeat Rnd 1 for ribbing for 4½ (5, 5)".
- K 1 rnd, inc 4 sts evenly spaced – 72 (84, 96) sts.
- Work even in St st for 3 (3½, 4½)" – 7½ (8½, 9½)" from beginning.
- [K 24 (28, 32), place marker on needle] twice, K 24 (28, 32) to marker at end of rnd.
- Rnd 1: K, inc 1 st before and after each marker – 6 sts inc in rnd.
- Rnd 2: K.
- Repeat Rnds 1 and 2 8 (9, 10) times – 126 (144, 162) sts.
Divide and Shape Points
Points will measure about 6 (7, 8)" from base to tip. To make points longer or shorter, adjust the number of rows between decrease rows.
- First Point: Place first 42 (48, 54) sts onto a dpn; leave remaining sts on the circular needle.
- Rnd 1: [K5 (6, 7) K2tog] 6 times – 36 (42, 48) sts.
- Rnds 2-6: K.
- Rnd 7: [K4( 5, 6) K2tog] 6 times – 30 (36, 42) sts.
- Rnds 8-12: K.
- Rnd 13: [K3 (4, 5) K2tog] 6 times – 24 (30, 36) sts.
- Rnds 14-18: K.
- Rnd 19: [K2 (3, 4) K2tog] 6 times – 18 (24, 30) sts.
- Rnds 20-24: K.
- Rnd 25: [K1( 2, 3) K2tog] 6 times – 12 (18, 24) sts.
- Rnds 26-30: K.
- Rnd 31: [K0 (1, 2) K2tog] 6 times – 6 (12, 18) sts.
- Rnds 32-36: K.
- Sizes Women and Men Only-Rnd 37: [K (0, 1) K2tog] 6 times – (6, 12) sts.
- Rnds 38-42: K.
- Size Men Only-Rnd 43: [K2tog] 6 times – 6 sts.
- Rnds 44-48: K.
- All Sizes: Cut yarn, leaving a 6" tail. With yarn needle,weave yarn tail through remaining sts; draw up firmly; fasten securely.
- 2nd Point: Place next 42 (48, 54) sts onto a dpn; leave remaining sts on the circular needle and work same as for First Point.
- 3rd Point: Place last 42 (48, 54) sts onto a dpn and work same as for First Point.
- Weave in ends. With sewing needle and thread, sew a bell to each tip. Turn up half of ribbing for cuff
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Adorable Chunky Pom Knit Toddler Hat Pattern
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted Hat
- 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Soft Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Gray Knit Scarf Set for Men
- Pink Cabled Hat and Scarf
- Quick and Easy Knit in the Round Hat
- Cable Knit Scarf and Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chain Braided Belt
- Beautiful Crochet Zipper Pouch
- Chunky Crochet Scarf
- DIY Chalkboard Dollhouse
- Adorably Easy Baby Burp Cloths
- Rustic Burlap Curtains
- Easy Ruffled Dishtowels
- Chicken Wire Christmas Card Display
- 22 DIY Beaded Ornaments
- Desert Winds Modern Crochet Triangle Scarf