Quick and Easy Knit in the Round Hat
By: Ann Regis for Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This quick and easy knit in the round hat from Red Heart Yarn is as easy to make as it is to wear. If you're looking for kitting patterns for bulky yarn, this is the project for you...plus you can probably make it in one sitting.
Find more festive holiday patterns in Red Heart's special eBook, Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects.
- RED HEART “Light & Lofty”: 1 Skein each 9965 Zebra Stripe A and 9316 Puff B
- Circular knitting needles: 12.75mm [US 17], 16” long
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 7 sts = 4”; 12 rows = 4” in St st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- With A, cast on 36 sts. Join to work in rounds, taking care not to twist sts. Place marker for beginning of round.
- Round 1-2: [K1, p1] around.
- Rounds 3-5: [P2, k2] 9 times.
- Round 6: [K6, M1] 6 times – 42 sts.
- Knit every round until piece measures 5½” from beginning.
- Change to B and work until piece measures 8” from beginning.
- Decrease Round 1: [K8, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 38 sts.
- Decrease Round 2: [K7, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 34 sts.
- Decrease Round 3: [K6, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 30 sts.
- Decrease Round 4: [K5, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 26 sts.
- Last Round: [K2tog] 13 times – 13 sts.
- Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull to close. Knot to secure.
- Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor
- Blushing Peony DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Color Blocked DIY Christmas Trees
- Easy Beaded DIY Christmas Garland
- Julie Shawl Crochet Pattern
- DIY Fall Wreath
- DIY Halloween Spiders Tutorial