Quick and Easy Knit in the Round Hat
By: Ann Regis for Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This quick and easy knit in the round hat from Red Heart Yarn is as easy to make as it is to wear. If you're looking for kitting patterns for bulky yarn, this is the project for you...plus you can probably make it in one sitting.
Find more festive holiday patterns in Red Heart's special eBook, Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects.
- RED HEART “Light & Lofty”: 1 Skein each 9965 Zebra Stripe A and 9316 Puff B
- Circular knitting needles: 12.75mm [US 17], 16” long
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 7 sts = 4”; 12 rows = 4” in St st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- With A, cast on 36 sts. Join to work in rounds, taking care not to twist sts. Place marker for beginning of round.
- Round 1-2: [K1, p1] around.
- Rounds 3-5: [P2, k2] 9 times.
- Round 6: [K6, M1] 6 times – 42 sts.
- Knit every round until piece measures 5½” from beginning.
- Change to B and work until piece measures 8” from beginning.
- Decrease Round 1: [K8, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 38 sts.
- Decrease Round 2: [K7, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 34 sts.
- Decrease Round 3: [K6, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 30 sts.
- Decrease Round 4: [K5, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 26 sts.
- Last Round: [K2tog] 13 times – 13 sts.
- Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull to close. Knot to secure.
- Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Resting Dragon Coloring Page
- Dragon Fire Coloring Page
- You Are Loved Coloring Page
- Dream It Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Doodles Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Unicorn Coloring Page
- Color My Heart Happy Coloring Page
- With Kindness Coloring Page
- Follow Your Heart Coloring Page
- Power of Love Coloring Page