Garden Goddess Hat Pattern
By: Kristin Omdahl of Styled By Kristin
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Garden Goddess Hat Pattern provides knitting instructions for you to make yourself a simple and chic knit hat for Winter. We love knitting patterns like this that use Australian Merino wool because it's oh-so-soft!
- One skein of Tilli Tomas Flurries: 80% spun Australian Merino Wool, 20% beads, 130 yards per 100 gms
- 1 US8 (5mm) set of US8 double pointed needles
- 1 US8 (5 mm) 16" circular US8 needles (optional)
- 1 US6 (4mm) knitting needles for flower
- Stitch Marker
- Tapestry Needle
Gauge: 3.5 sts/4 rows = 1"
Finished Size: 20" circumference
CO 8 sts over 3 double pointed needles
Round 1: join in round, knit in each stich around, place stitch marker.
Round 2: knit into the front and back (kfb) of each stitch around. (16 sts)
Round 3 (and all odd numbered rounds): knit around
Round 4: *kfb, k1. Repeat from * around. (24 sts)
Round 6: *kfb, k2. Repeat from * around, (32 sts)
Round 8: *kfb, k3. Repeat from * around. (40 sts)
Round 10: *kfb, k4. Repeat from * around. (48 sts)
Round 12: *kfb, k5. Repeat from * around. (56 sts)
Round 14: *kfb, k6. Repeat from * around. (64 sts)
Round 16: *kfb, k7. Repeat from * around. (72 sts)
Note: switch to circular needles when or if you are more comfortable with circulars than dpns.
Round 17: knit around.
Repeat Round 17 until hat measures 11" long.
Next round: *k5, k2tog. Repeat from * to last 2 sts: k2. (62 sts)
Next round: *k1, p1. Repeat from * around.
Repeat last round for 2".
Fasten off as follows: *K2tog, move the stitch on the right needle back to the left needle. Move yarn to the front. P2tog. Move the stitch on the right needle back to the left needle. Move yarn to the back. Repeat from * until you have 1 stitch remaining. Cut yarn, pull through last stitch to fasten off.
Weave in loose ends.
Petal (make 7):
With Flurries and US6 knitting needles, CO 5 sts
Row 1, 3, 5, 8, 11: knit across (5 sts)
**Note: carry the cast on tail along on row 1, to weave in the loose end.
Row 2: k2, knit into the front, back and front of the same stitch (kfbf), k2 (7 sts)
Row 4: k3, kfbf, k3 (9 sts)
Row 6: k4, kfbf k4 (11 sts)
Row 7: k1, k2tog, k5, k2tog, k1 (9 sts)
Row 8: k1, ssk, k3, k2tog, k1 (7 sts)
Row 10: k1, ssk, k1, k2tog, k1 (5 sts)
Row 12: k1, s2kp, k1 (3 sts)
Row 13: p3tog. Fasten off.
With right sides facing, pick up and knit 4 sts into each petal cast on edge (20 sts).
Row 1: p1, p2tog across to last stitch, p1 (11 sts)
Row 2: with right hand needle, pass the 2nd stitch over the first stitch on the left hand needle.
Pass the next stitch over the same first stitch on the left hand needle. Continue until the first stitch is the only stitch remaining.
Fasten off. Weave in loose ends.
Note: when ever possible, carry along a loose end for a couple of stitches to reduce weaving in time.
For more craft projects from Kristin Omdahl of Styled By Kristin, check out her designer profile page.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Knit and Crochet Nature Hat
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted Hat
- 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
- Vintage Tie Up Headband Knitting Pattern
- Gray Knit Scarf Set for Men
- Quick and Easy Knit in the Round Hat
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Pink Cabled Hat and Scarf
- Cable Knit Scarf and Hat
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Merry Tree Adult Coloring Page
- Easy Christmas Paper Sock
- Pom Pom DIY Christmas Tree
- Merry Popsicle Stick Ornament
- Paper Snowman DIY Ornaments
- Easy Pinecone Christmas Craft
- Glowing Paper DIY Christmas Tree
- Christmas Printable Cootie Catchers
- Cityscape Adult Coloring Page
- Pine Cone DIY Wreath