Knit Poncho with Buttons
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a chic collared poncho from Bernat Yarns that layers well for those winters when you want extra warmth. It is super trendy so try it out.
- Bernat® Alpaca (100 g/3.5 oz; 110 m/120 yds)
- Sizes: XS/M (L/2XL-3/5XL)
- #93045 (Stone): 4 (5-7) balls
- Circular knitting needle: size 6 mm (U.S. 10) 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 2 buttons.
To fit bust measurement
- 28-38 ins [71-96.5 cm]
- Large/2 Extra-Large
- 40-50 ins [101.5-127 cm]
- 3/5 Extra-Large
- 52-62 ins [132-157.5 cm]
15 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Note: Cape is worked in one piece from neck edge down.
Cast on 42 (46-50) sts. Do not join. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). K2 (Left Front). *yo. Knit next st. Place marker on last st. yo. K6 (7-8) (Sleeve). yo. Knit next st. Place marker on last st. yo.* K22 (24- 26) (Back). Rep from * to * once more. K2 (Right Front). (4 marked sts).
2nd row: Purl.
3rd row: (Knit to next marked st. yo. Knit marked st. yo) 4 times. Knit to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows 23 (25-27) times more. 242 (262-282) sts.
Next row: Purl.
Work in (K2. P2) ribbing for 3 ins [7.5 cm], ending with a WS row. Cast off loosely in ribbing.
Collar: (RS). Pick up and knit 42 (46-50) sts evenly across cast on edge.
Next row: (WS). Purl, inc 8 sts evenly across. 50 (54-58) sts.
Work 6½ ins [16.5 cm] in (K2. P2) ribbing ending on a WS row. Cast off in ribbing.
Button Band: (RS). Pick up and knit 74 (78- 82) sts evenly down side of Collar and Left Front. Work 9 rows in (K2. P2) ribbing. Cast off in ribbing. Place markers for 2 buttons on band having top button 4 ins [10 cm] below neck edge and bottom button 1½ ins [4 cm] above cast off edge.
Buttonhole Band: Work as for Button Band, working buttonholes to correspond to button markers as follows:
4th row: (RS). (Rib to marker. Cast off 2 sts) twice. Rib to end of row.
5th row: Rib, casting on 2 sts over cast off sts.
Sew on buttons.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Colorful Christmas Angel Ornament
- Elegant Angel Christmas Ornament
- Easy Angel Christmas Ornament
- Serene Snowfall Tree Ornament
- Precious Pine Cone Ornament
- Spiral Beaded Christmas Trees
- Glittery Glass Mug
- Beautiful Bookshelf Decoupage
- Ostrich Egg Decoupage Art
- Easy Decoupage Wine Bottles