Knit Poncho with Buttons
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a chic collared poncho from Bernat Yarns that layers well for those winters when you want extra warmth. It is super trendy so try it out.
- Bernat® Alpaca (100 g/3.5 oz; 110 m/120 yds)
- Sizes: XS/M (L/2XL-3/5XL)
- #93045 (Stone): 4 (5-7) balls
- Circular knitting needle: size 6 mm (U.S. 10) 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 2 buttons.
To fit bust measurement
- 28-38 ins [71-96.5 cm]
- Large/2 Extra-Large
- 40-50 ins [101.5-127 cm]
- 3/5 Extra-Large
- 52-62 ins [132-157.5 cm]
15 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Note: Cape is worked in one piece from neck edge down.
Cast on 42 (46-50) sts. Do not join. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). K2 (Left Front). *yo. Knit next st. Place marker on last st. yo. K6 (7-8) (Sleeve). yo. Knit next st. Place marker on last st. yo.* K22 (24- 26) (Back). Rep from * to * once more. K2 (Right Front). (4 marked sts).
2nd row: Purl.
3rd row: (Knit to next marked st. yo. Knit marked st. yo) 4 times. Knit to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows 23 (25-27) times more. 242 (262-282) sts.
Next row: Purl.
Work in (K2. P2) ribbing for 3 ins [7.5 cm], ending with a WS row. Cast off loosely in ribbing.
Collar: (RS). Pick up and knit 42 (46-50) sts evenly across cast on edge.
Next row: (WS). Purl, inc 8 sts evenly across. 50 (54-58) sts.
Work 6½ ins [16.5 cm] in (K2. P2) ribbing ending on a WS row. Cast off in ribbing.
Button Band: (RS). Pick up and knit 74 (78- 82) sts evenly down side of Collar and Left Front. Work 9 rows in (K2. P2) ribbing. Cast off in ribbing. Place markers for 2 buttons on band having top button 4 ins [10 cm] below neck edge and bottom button 1½ ins [4 cm] above cast off edge.
Buttonhole Band: Work as for Button Band, working buttonholes to correspond to button markers as follows:
4th row: (RS). (Rib to marker. Cast off 2 sts) twice. Rib to end of row.
5th row: Rib, casting on 2 sts over cast off sts.
Sew on buttons.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Chopstick Bags
- Boho Tassel DIY Necklace
- Upcycled Watch Face DIY Earrings
- Sea Stone DIY Bracelet
- Ikea Tarva Dresser Makeover with Fabric Lined Drawers
- Sushi Bling
- Inside Out Movie-Themed Shoes
- Polka Dot Little Girls' Apron
- Simple and Elegant Hexagon Art Projects
- Lucky Hat Centerpiece