Knit Poncho with Buttons
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a chic collared poncho from Bernat Yarns that layers well for those winters when you want extra warmth. It is super trendy so try it out.
- Bernat® Alpaca (100 g/3.5 oz; 110 m/120 yds)
- Sizes: XS/M (L/2XL-3/5XL)
- #93045 (Stone): 4 (5-7) balls
- Circular knitting needle: size 6 mm (U.S. 10) 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 2 buttons.
To fit bust measurement
- 28-38 ins [71-96.5 cm]
- Large/2 Extra-Large
- 40-50 ins [101.5-127 cm]
- 3/5 Extra-Large
- 52-62 ins [132-157.5 cm]
15 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Note: Cape is worked in one piece from neck edge down.
Cast on 42 (46-50) sts. Do not join. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). K2 (Left Front). *yo. Knit next st. Place marker on last st. yo. K6 (7-8) (Sleeve). yo. Knit next st. Place marker on last st. yo.* K22 (24- 26) (Back). Rep from * to * once more. K2 (Right Front). (4 marked sts).
2nd row: Purl.
3rd row: (Knit to next marked st. yo. Knit marked st. yo) 4 times. Knit to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows 23 (25-27) times more. 242 (262-282) sts.
Next row: Purl.
Work in (K2. P2) ribbing for 3 ins [7.5 cm], ending with a WS row. Cast off loosely in ribbing.
Collar: (RS). Pick up and knit 42 (46-50) sts evenly across cast on edge.
Next row: (WS). Purl, inc 8 sts evenly across. 50 (54-58) sts.
Work 6½ ins [16.5 cm] in (K2. P2) ribbing ending on a WS row. Cast off in ribbing.
Button Band: (RS). Pick up and knit 74 (78- 82) sts evenly down side of Collar and Left Front. Work 9 rows in (K2. P2) ribbing. Cast off in ribbing. Place markers for 2 buttons on band having top button 4 ins [10 cm] below neck edge and bottom button 1½ ins [4 cm] above cast off edge.
Buttonhole Band: Work as for Button Band, working buttonholes to correspond to button markers as follows:
4th row: (RS). (Rib to marker. Cast off 2 sts) twice. Rib to end of row.
5th row: Rib, casting on 2 sts over cast off sts.
Sew on buttons.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More