Cabled Pullover for Him
By: Melissa Leapman of Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're looking for the perfect sweater for your man than this is the pattern for you. Use a free knit sweater pattern from Red Heart Yarn to make a pullover. It's an intermediate pattern that he will love wearing.
Directions are for size Small; changes for sizes Medium, Large and XLarge are in parentheses.
Finished Bust: 43½ (48, 53, 57½)”
Length: 25 (25½, 26, 27)”
- RED HEART® “Soft Yarn”: 1 ball 9522 Leaf A and 9 (10, 11 11) balls 9523 Dark Leaf B.
- Knitting Needles: 3.75 mm [US 5] and 4.5 mm [US 7].
- Cable needle, yarn needle.
Note: For Her Cabled Pullover, see pattern WR2064 at www.redheart.com
GAUGE: 27 sts = 4”; 24 rows = 4” in Cable Pattern with larger needles. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
K1 p1 Rib Pattern (multiple of 2 sts)
Row 1 (right side): * K1, p1; repeat from *.
Repeat Row 1 for K1, p1 rib.
With smaller needles and A, cast on 146 (162, 178, 194) sts.
Change to B, and work in K1 p1 rib until piece measures 2½” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Change to larger needles, begin Cable Pattern, and work even until piece measures 14½ (14½, 14½, 15)” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Bind off 16 (24, 32, 32) sts at beginning of next two rows–114 (114, 114, 130) sts.
Work even until piece measures 24 (24½, 25, 26)” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Bind off 10 (10, 10, 12) sts at beginning of next four rows.
Bind off 10 (10, 10, 14) sts at beginning of next two rows.
Bind off remaining 54 sts for back of neck.
Work same as for Back until piece measures 22 (22½, 23, 24)” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Next Row (right side): Work across first 46 (46, 46, 54) sts; join a second ball of yarn and bind off center 22 sts, continue pattern as established to end row.
Working both sides at once with separate balls of yarn, bind off 4 sts each neck edge twice, then bind off 2 sts each neck edge twice—34 (34, 34, 42) sts each side.
Dec 1 st each neck edge every row four times—30 (30, 30, 38) sts each side.
Work even until piece measures same as Back to shoulders, ending with a wrong side row.
Same as for Back.
Sleeves (make 2)
With smaller needles and A, cast on 66 sts. Change to B, and work in K1 p1 rib until piece measures 2½” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Change to larger needles, begin Cable Pattern, and inc 1 st each side every other row 8 (17, 24, 32) times, then every fourth row 23 (18, 14, 9) times—128 (136, 142, 148) sts.
Work even until piece measures 24 (24½, 25½, 25)” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row. Bind off.
Sew left shoulder seam.
With right side facing, smaller needles, and B, pick up and knit 96 sts around neckline. Work K1 p1 rib until band measures 1”. Change to A, work one more row in rib, then bind off loosely in rib.
Sew right shoulder seam, including side of neckband.
Set in sleeves. Sew sleeve and side seams.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Recycled Bottle Cap Flower Garden Stake
- Merry Christmas Wood Slice Garland
- Wool Sock Christmas Wreath
- Wood Slice Winter Painting
- Handmade Yarn Pom Pom
- Stunning Silver Holiday Decor
- 10 Minute Dish Towel Apron
- Cute Creative Luggage Tags
- Gold Dipped Frosted Reindeer Trio
- Christmas Gnome Wall Decor