Blue and White Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Soft stripes of blue and white in this knitting baby blanket pattern create a perfect cover for the new baby boy. This easy pattern from Bernat Yarns calls for circular knitting needles for a quick make. You can always adjust the colors to your own preferences.
- Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby (140 g/5 oz) Main Color (MC) (Blue) 3 balls, Contrast A (White) 2 balls
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) and 5 mm (U.S. 8) circular 36 ins 90 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 20 sts and 23 rows = 4 ins 10 cm with larger needle in pat.
Measurements: Approx 38 x 43 ins 96.5 x 109 cm.
MK = P2tog without slipping sts off needle, then K2tog over same sts.
With MC and smaller needle, cast on 181 sts. Do not join.
Working back and forth across needle, proceed as follows:
Knit 5 rows (garter st), noting that first row is WS.
Change to larger needle and proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). With A, knit.
2nd row: P1. (MK) 90 times.
3rd row: With MC, knit.
4th row: (MK) 90 times. P1.
These 4 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 42 ins 106.5 cm, ending on a 2nd row of pat.
With MC and smaller needle, knit 5 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
Side Edging: With MC and smaller needle and with RS of work facing, pick up and knit 209 sts evenly along one side edge. Knit 4 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS). Rep on opposite side.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 40 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 25 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- 172 Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Organizers Set
- Recycled Milk Carton Stationery Organizer
- Vintage Lamb Crochet Toddler Hat Pattern
- Witch Hat Topiary Halloween Centerpiece
- Hemp Cord
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Absolutely Adorable DIY Mason Jar Candle
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Cute Crochet Macarons