Baby Afghan Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This baby afghan knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns uses circular needles to create a cozy cover for baby. The extra-large blanket will last them into the toddler years. Use a neutral color if you don't know the sex!
- Yarn: 9 Balls of Bernat Baby (Solids: 50 g/1.75 oz) 9 balls
- Knitting Needles: Size 3 1/4 mm (U.S. 3) circular 36" 90 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 29 sts and 24 rows = 4" 10 cm in pat.
Measurements: Approx 36 x 48" 91.5 x 122 cm.
Cast on 193 sts. Do not join.
Working back and forth across needle work 7 rows in garter st (knit every row) noting that first row is WS and inc 59 sts evenly across last row. 252 sts.
Proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: K6. *(K1. P1. K1) in next st. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * to last 6 sts. K6.
3rd row: Knit.
4th row: K6. *Sl1. K2tog. psso. (K1. P1. K1) in next st. Rep from * to last 6 sts. K6.
These 4 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 47 ins [119.5 cm] ending with a 4th row of pat.
Next row: (RS). Knit, dec 59 sts evenly across. 193 sts.
Work 6 rows in garter st. Cast off knitways (WS).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 27 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More