Baby Afghan Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This baby afghan knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns uses circular needles to create a cozy cover for baby. The extra-large blanket will last them into the toddler years. Use a neutral color if you don't know the sex!
- Yarn: 9 Balls of Bernat Baby (Solids: 50 g/1.75 oz) 9 balls
- Knitting Needles: Size 3 1/4 mm (U.S. 3) circular 36" 90 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 29 sts and 24 rows = 4" 10 cm in pat.
Measurements: Approx 36 x 48" 91.5 x 122 cm.
Cast on 193 sts. Do not join.
Working back and forth across needle work 7 rows in garter st (knit every row) noting that first row is WS and inc 59 sts evenly across last row. 252 sts.
Proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: K6. *(K1. P1. K1) in next st. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * to last 6 sts. K6.
3rd row: Knit.
4th row: K6. *Sl1. K2tog. psso. (K1. P1. K1) in next st. Rep from * to last 6 sts. K6.
These 4 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 47 ins [119.5 cm] ending with a 4th row of pat.
Next row: (RS). Knit, dec 59 sts evenly across. 193 sts.
Work 6 rows in garter st. Cast off knitways (WS).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 31 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Blue Knit Baby Blanket
- Baby Blue Blanket
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor
- Blushing Peony DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Color Blocked DIY Christmas Trees
- Easy Beaded DIY Christmas Garland
- Julie Shawl Crochet Pattern
- DIY Fall Wreath
- DIY Halloween Spiders Tutorial