Baby Afghan Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This baby afghan knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns uses circular needles to create a cozy cover for baby. The extra-large blanket will last them into the toddler years. Use a neutral color if you don't know the sex!
- Yarn: 9 Balls of Bernat Baby (Solids: 50 g/1.75 oz) 9 balls
- Knitting Needles: Size 3 1/4 mm (U.S. 3) circular 36" 90 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 29 sts and 24 rows = 4" 10 cm in pat.
Measurements: Approx 36 x 48" 91.5 x 122 cm.
Cast on 193 sts. Do not join.
Working back and forth across needle work 7 rows in garter st (knit every row) noting that first row is WS and inc 59 sts evenly across last row. 252 sts.
Proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: K6. *(K1. P1. K1) in next st. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * to last 6 sts. K6.
3rd row: Knit.
4th row: K6. *Sl1. K2tog. psso. (K1. P1. K1) in next st. Rep from * to last 6 sts. K6.
These 4 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 47 ins [119.5 cm] ending with a 4th row of pat.
Next row: (RS). Knit, dec 59 sts evenly across. 193 sts.
Work 6 rows in garter st. Cast off knitways (WS).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 27 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Baby Blue Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid