How to Make Hair Accessories: 23 Free Patterns
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Accessories are the cheapest and easiest way to update an outfit, and hair accessories are very fashionable and trendy right now. They also hide a bad hair day! Homemade hair accessories can be customized to your style, and they make an inexpensive gift for your fashionista friends. If you've ever wanted to learn how to make hair accessories, try one of these free patterns for flower hair accessories, scrunchies, headbands, hair bows, and more!
How to Make Hair Accessories Table of Contents
- Rolled Fabric Roses: You can make your very own handmade fabric craft rose with this video. Watch as Tiffany Windsor guides you through the process.
- Hairpin Rosette Crochet Pattern: Use a hairpin to make this crochet rosette, and then attach it to a hairpin to adorn your 'do!
- Flower and Feather Accessories: You're seeing fabric flowers, leaves and silk ruffles everywhere. Learn how to make your own embellished headbands and clips so that you can be stylish for a fraction of the price.
- Flower Ribbon Headbands: For less than 3 dollars, you can create a custom ribbon and flower hair accessory for spring and summer fashion. Make one for yourself or give them as gifts.
- Charming Hair Flower: This bright and colorful hair flower is a great summertime accessory! Attach it to a clip or a headband and you're ready to go!
- NEW! Fabric Flower Hairbands: Make flowers from fabric to decorate your hair in style! These fabric flower hairbands are pretty enough for a little girl, but chic enough for a fashionista.
Summer is a great time to add a little flair to your hair, and with this our free eBook How to Make Hair Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories you’ll be able to create fun summertime headbands, barrettes, and clips that are great for girls of all ages.
- Spring Flower Headband: Update a boring headband with this spring craft project using decorative papers, silk flowers and rhinestones. A rick-rack trim adds a nice finishing touch to this headband craft.
- Hair Accessories with Buttons: Create your own hair accessories using buttons. Just attach to a headband and voila, you're stylish!
- Wedding Flower Girl Headband: Create this shimmering, flowered headband for a flower girl, bride, bridesmaid, or wedding guest. The white flowers are a great bridal look.
- Marbled Silk Hair Bands: Add color to plain hair bands with strips of marbled silk fabric. Learn how with this easy sewing tutorial.
- Holographic Ribbon Headband: Great with any outfit, this easy DIY hair accessory is perfect for anyone! Add a bit of sparkle and shine to a store bought headband with this easy DIY craft!
- NEW! Burst Blossom Headband: This Burst Blossom Headband is the perfect accessory for spring. The large flower on the side makes this handmade headband stand out among the rest! Customize this comfortable headband however you like, and be prepared to turn heads!
- Beaded Hair Clip: Create a colorful beaded hair clip with ladybugs and flowers, perfect for spring. The delicate glass beads are sewn to a piece of fabric before adorning the clip.
- Cute Sewn Hair Clips: If you're looking for an easy sewing project, try these cute sewn hair clips. They're quick and stylish, and you can make a bunch to match any outfit.
- Fashion Hair Pins: Make a set of hair pins for yourself or your child. These pins are so quick and easy to make, you can make some for everyone you know.
- Devilish Hair Clips: Make a simple devil Halloween costume by crocheting a pair of devil horns!
- Scrap Fabric Rosette Barette: These cute hair pins are great for girls of all ages! Make them for yourself or give them out as gifts. This is also a great way to use up your leftover fabric scraps.
- NEW! Back to School Hair Bows: Learn how to make hair bows using just a Bowdabra and a ruler! You can make these Back to School Hair Bows in every color of the rainbow for a sweet addition to every outfit.
Great for spring and the summer, these 10 Floral DIY Hair Accessories are a cute and easy way to add a little color to your outfit.
- Chrysanthemum Accessory: This crochet flower pattern is easier to make than it is to spell. Pin it to a hair elastic and wear it around a ponytail for a stylish 'do.
- DIY Scrunchie: Sew your own scrunchie with this easy sewing tutorial, and you can pick fabric to match your outfit.
- A Ponytail Hair Wrap: Use this free crochet pattern to make this ponytail hair accessory and give your hair some flair!
- Hair Scrunchies Tree: If you're tired of your old scrunchies, make a decorative tree out of them for a green craft idea.
- NEW! Glittered Shoes Hair Band: Cute girly crafts can be fun for all ages. Gab a couple of random shoes from your old Barbie dolls and create your own Glittered Shoes Hair Band. This cute accessory will add a fun touch to an ordinary braid or ponytail.
From lovely crocheted headbands to tutorials on how to make bows for hair clips, these 48 DIY Hair Accessories will make adding some flair to your hair fun and easy!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- How to Make Hair Accessories: 23 Free Patterns
- "How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories" free eBook
- Look of Vintage Floral Headband
- How To Make A Colorful Braided Headband
- Burst Blossom Headband
- Scrap Fabric Rosette Barrette
- Easy Peasy Hairpins
- Kanashi DIY Flower Hair Clip
- Charming Hair Flower
- Fabric Flower Hairbands
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit
- Sheet Metal Bracelet DIY Craft Project
- Stenciled Metal Vase
- Structured Pattern Skirt DIY Craft Project