How to Make a Tee Shirt Scarf + 18 Tee Shirt Crafts
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Have a pile of old cheap t-shirts that are just begging to be used and recycled? Well, with these tee shirt crafts, you'll learn how to make a tee shirt scarf, how to turn tees into totes, and even how to create a one-of-a-kind tee shirt quilt!
Tee shirts are great to use as accessory inspiration. You can cut them up and make necklaces, scarves, belts, flowers, and so much more. Learn how to make a tee shirt scarf with ease using the Knotted T-Shirt Scarf tutorial. There's no sewing involved and, in a matter of minutes, you can have a wardrobe accessory that's fun to wear and show off!
After you've learned how to make a tee shirt scarf with the tees you love, you can decorate your home with screened tees that have a unique tee shirt logo. This T-Shirt Quilt is a great way to remember all the fun you had playing sports, participating in marching band, or putting on the fall musical. This quilt makes a great gift for a teacher or coach.
And we all have tees that are just too special to cut up. But maybe they have a stain on them...or are starting to show signs of wear and tear. For those, we have some tee shirt crafts that are geared towards making your favorite unique tee shirts wearable again. This Upcycled Ruffled Shirt is a great way to breathe new life into those stubborn white tees. With some cheap t-shirts, you can create this beautiful top that looks like a designer made it!
Crafting with tee shirts is fun and easy...not to mention a great way to save money and closet space! Learn how to make a tee shirt scarf, how to assemble a quilt, and even how to create awesome rock star wall art with these 18 great tee shirt crafts! Here's a little bonus craft to help you get started:
How to Make a Tee Shirt Fringe Scarf:
How to Make a Tee Shirt Scarf + 18Tee Shirt Crafts Table of Contents
Tee shirt crafts are perfect for accessorizing your wardrobe. You can cut them up and resew them to create anything from flowers to scarves. Here you'll learn how to make a tee shirt scarf, as well as how to turn old and cheap t-shirts into bags and totes.
Knotted T-Shirt Scarf: Learn how to make a tee shirt scarf with this thrify upcycling tutorial. This knotted t-shirt scarf is a great way to accessorize without breaking the bank.
Tee Shirt Bag: Don't toss those old tee shirts yet! Turn them into handmade tote bags, perfect for bringing in groceries, going on picnics, and heading down to the beach. This easy tutorial is a great way to craft with shirts that are too precious to part with!
Scrunchy Tee Shirt Scarf: This fun and ruffly tee shirt craft is perfect for any time of year. This t-shirt scarf tutorial is easy to follow and guides you every step of the way to creating this fun and frilly tee shirt scarf.
Braided T-Shirt Necklace: Recycle tee shirts by turning them into a fun braided t-shirt necklace. This tee shirt craft creates one thrifty necklace that adds color and texture to any outfit!
- Groovy T-Shirt Tote: Have an old tee shirt you love? Show off your unique tee shirts by turning them into fun one-of-a-kind totes. This tee shirt craft is earth friendly and fun to make!
Wondering what to do with a collection of unique tee shirts? Turn them into great thrify home decor projects! You can easily recycle tee shirts to create rugs, wall art, and much more...and with these great ideas, you'll have great art (and more closet space) in no time!
T-Shirt Quilt: A collection of unique tee shirts, like shirts from a sports team or club, can be turned into a beautiful memory quilt. This makes a great gift for a coach, teacher, or teammate.
Checkerboard Game Carpet: Tee shirt crafts, like this checkerboard game carpet, are great for using old oversized tee shirts you no longer want. This rug is great for the beach, a picnic, or just playing in the back yard!
T-Shirt Wall Art: Here's great gift for the man in your life! If your guy has a great collection of rock band tee's, turn them into awesome wall art! Arranged and stretched over canvas boards, this is one artistic piece that's sure to rock!
T-Shirt Pillow: Wondering how to make a tee shirt scarf from a sentimental tee you have on hand? If it's just too precious to trim to scarf size, cut out the tee shirt logo and sew it onto a pillow. Then you can display it all the time in the living room or bedroom!
Sometimes a tee is just too precious to part with. If that's the case, use one of our ideas on how to recycle tee shirts to wear again. Whether it's converting it into a two-layer tee or adding some embellishments to cover a hole or a stain, there are several ways to insure that your special and unique tee shirts last a lifetime!
Asymmetrical Cardigan: If you have an oversize T-shirt and aren't sure of what to do with it, check out this Asymmetrical Cardigan Tutorial for a great craft idea. This project is so simple and easy, and it's a great craft shirt project, perfect for cool summer nights.
Great DIY T: Old tee shirt crafts are given a face lift with this fun and funky project! This is a great way to show off your painting skills and create a one of a kind wardrobe stable for evenings and weekends out on the town!
Pretty Petal Tee Shirt: So you are wondering how to make a tee shirt scarf, but can't bear to chop up your favorite tees. No problem! Add a cute embellishment around the collar to turn drab into fab!
Upcycled Ruffled Shirt: Ruffles and rhinestones are always in, and this Upcycled Ruffle Shirt is a great way to craft with an old tee shirt. Crafts like this make awesome wardrobe staples and help clear closet space for even more fun tops!
- Layered T-Shirt Rehab: If you have a hole or a stain in your favorite tee, don't toss it! Use this unique stencil idea to create a double layered shirt, perfect for fall and spring.
Here are a few more BONUS tee shirt craft ideas we just know you'll love!:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 674 Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- 14 Creative Uses for Mesh Produce Bags
- Paper Towel Jewelry and Earring Holder
- 27 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
- 10 Crafty Uses for an Old Toothbrush + 6 Bonus Projects
- "14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas" free eBook
- Kiddie Blocks Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Recycled Magazine Cork Board
- Kid Friendly Stamp Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Reusable Crochet Scrubbies
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ornamental Easter Eggs
- Robin Josephs
- Easter Bunny Canvas
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card
- Sweet Doily Cards Spring Craft
- Illuminated Blossoms Spring Craft
- Colorful Napkin Wreath Spring Craft