We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Nina Wanat
Gifted by Lark Crafts
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Do you find yourself staring and oogling at the candy in the window? Are you drawn to light and airy marshmallows, rich chocolate truffles, gooy caramel candies, and sugary candied orange peels? Well, there's no need to stand there drooling at the bakery window...you can make all your confectionary favorites right in the comfort of your own home.
In her new book, Sweet Confections: Beautiful Candy to Make at Home, author Nina Wanat takes readers on a delicious journey through her candy land, with recipes broken down into three scrumptious categories: Crunchy Candy, Chewy Candy, and Silky Candy. There are also two special sections for those readers who may be new to candy making, with helpful suggestions on common materials and supplies you may need and delicious recipes for staple ingredients, like vanilla extract and candied ginger.
As a novice candy maker myself, I found Sweet Confections to be extremely helpful in the kitchen. The section on tempering chocolate was so helpful and gave me the best tips and suggestions for heating, reheating, melting, cutting, and testing chocolate for candy making. There were also awesome suggestions for how to dip candies, which I have struggled with for years! This book will completely change the way I make candy in the kitchen.
Just looking through the pictures in Sweet Confections is sure to motivate you to head on in to the kitchen and get baking. Each recipe comes with a beautiful full-color photograph, as well as a detailed materials list and easy-to-follow instructions. If you like baking and giving handmade candies as gifts for the holidays, Sweet Confections is a must-have on your book shelf.
With 40+ recipes to choose from and how-to guides to make everything from melting chocolate to boiling sugar as easy as possible, Sweet Confections is a beautiful book that will satisfy anyone's sweet tooth.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Mollie Makes Christmas
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Beading In No Time
- Creative Pilgrimage
- Criminal Crafts: Outlaw Projects for Scoundrels, Cheats, and Armchair Detectives
- Quick and Easy Paint Transformations
- Top Down Sweaters
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mini Felt Conversation Hearts
- The Thinker Dragon Coloring Page
- 18 Sewing Videos to Master Every Knot and Stitch
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page
- Lion Zentangle Coloring Page
- Giraffe Zentangle Coloring Page