The Art of the Doodle
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Art of the Doodle
By Eleanor Kwei
Gifted by Race Point Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Are your notebooks and journals covered with little doodles of flowers, butterflies, shapes, and patterns? Do you spend work meetings creating little illustrations in the margins of your notepad? Well, then you're going to love The Art of the Doodle!
Made up of two seperate books (A Guide to Doodling and Doodle Journal), this book kit will help you turn those little doodles into beautiful illustrations that you'll be proud to show off.
Start your doodling journey with A Guide to Doodling. This instructional book gives tips on creating doodles, coloring with pencils and markers, and ways to use your doodles (notecards, frames, gift bags, and much more). Broken down into six chapters of popular doodle designs (paisleys, flowers, letters, butterflies, mandalas, and geometrics), this book will give you lessons on how to start your illustrations with a basic drop, then mold it into something beautiful and unique. Nature will come to life, flowers and butterflies will embellish all your notes, and geometric borders will give all your note pages a nice frame.
As someone who enjoys making scrapbooks and cards, I really enjoyed the chapter on words and symbols. I never realized how easy and fun it was to take any word and turn it into a beautiful piece of art. This will surely change how I go about decorating all my paper projects from now on!
After you're done learning everything you can in A Guide to Doodling, it's time to test your skills in the Doodle Journal. This book provides an elegant place to experiment with all of the techniques described in the instruction book. With elaborate coloring activities, as well as simple guidelines to get started on creative doodling pages, this journal will help inspire and motivate you to put pen to paper and see what happens. The journal is also scattered with inspirational quotations to help keep you going!
Perfect for kids and adults alike, the lessons and activites in The Art of the Doodle kit will change how you look at a small section of white space in your notebook. Bring your notes, journals, cards, and scrapbooks to life with the simple suggestions found in The Art of the Doodle.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Westcott Titanium Bonded Scissors
- Starburst Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Easy Side Table Skirting Tutorial
- Thought Bubble Bulletin Board Design
- Valentine's Day Mini Dress Card
- Feather Heart and Valentine's Day DIY Photo Props
- You Are MINT to Be My Valentine
- Vintage Valentine's Day Decor
- Valentine's Day Sock Monkey Coffee Cozy Pattern
- Green Tree Handmade Cards