Decorative Candle Chandelier
Use unexpected materials and pretty embellishments to create crafts for the garden. Use chicken wire and assorted beads to create a pretty and delicate Decorative Candle Chandelier by Linda Peterson. This craft is super simple and perfect for summer.
- Chicken wire – approximately 9 squares by 4 squares deep
- Aluminum armature wire 1/8” diameter or use a similar wire
- 22 gauge silver finish wire
- Miscellaneous beads and drop dangles
- Chain of choice
- Candle in glass votive
- Wire snips
- Gloves (optional – to protect fingers and hands)
- Cut desired size of chicken wire, leaving wire ends extending. Place a length of aluminum armature wire 1″ longer than the width at the top, center the wire to that ends extend 1/2” on each side. Fold ends of chicken wire over aluminum wire to create a finished edge.
- Bend wire to form a cylinder, matching up the pattern. Secure by twisting ends together. Snip off any extra wire.
- Use a pair of wire cutters to cut the wire ends from bottom of chandelier.
- Turn the chandelier upside down and bend octagons in half – folding towards the middle.
- Cut a length of 22 gauge silver wire and secure the end to the bottom of the cylinder. Continue wrapping wire in a clockwise fashion to form a circle at the bottom. Secure by wrapping end and snip off excess wire.
- Secure an additional piece of wire to bottom and create a criss-cross across the bottom of the cylinder. Wrap ends and cut off excess wire.
- Turn right side up, attach three lengths of chain.Allow to hang while embellishing with coils, additional chain, droplets and the like. Place candle in center and enjoy!
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make an Outdoor Candle Chandelier.