How to Crochet a Cord
- Take your crochet hook and yarn and tie a slipknot as normal.
- Chain 4.
- Do 3 single crochet (sc) in first chain.
- Front post single crochet (fpsc) around chain 3, turning clockwise.
- Then fpsc around first sc, then second sc and on. Continue to fpsc.
- This will create a kind of square cord.
To Front Post Single Crochet, yarn over (YO) and insert hook back to front between next two stitches then back again between stitch being worked and the stitch after it on the previous row, yo and sc.
This technique is an easier way to create a cord without having to crochet around.
- Take a long length of yarn or string and double it over. Do the same with another length of yarn.
- Tie each doubled-over length of yarn to the crochet hook with a slipknot.
- To make the first stitch of your cord, pull the first loop through the second.
- Alternating yarn, continue to pull the opposite yarn through the loop on the hook.
- As you go, it will start to resemble a cord.
- To finish, pull one all the way through the opposite loop. Pull tight and secure the yarn with two knots for each pair of strings.