How to Make a Christmas Stocking
Check out this video from Teres Whitney on how to make a Christmas stocking using these free printable sewing patterns for Christmas.
Part 2: How to Add a Cuff to a Stocking
Part 3: How to Add a Crown Cuff to a Stocking
Part 4: How to Add an Elf Toe to Your Stocking
Part 5: How to Add a Heel or Toe to Your Stocking
Print out this template to make the stocking.
- Cut out all parts of the pattern.
- Tape all the pieces together. This creates the basic pattern. Cut two out of selected fabric.
- With wrong side together sew two piece of stockings together.
- Clip the inside of the heal, around the toe and heal so the stocking will turn easily.
- Zig Zag or serge the seams together.
- Turn the cuff right side out. Press stocking.
- To finish the stocking turn top edge down 1/4 inch, iron.
- Then turn down another 1/4 inch and stitch.
- To finish the stocking cut a piece of contrast fabric or same fabric at stocking, using the long narrow strip pattern, cut one.
- Turn long side of loop in toward wrong side of fabric 1/4 inch.
- Then turn the long side in again matching the long side together and sew.
- Add loop to heal side of stocking, off set each side of the loop and either side of the seam. Sew across three to four time and zig zag raw edges.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.