Mother Henna Video: How to Do Acrylic Transfers
This is a quickie video, approx. 10 minute, demonstrating how to use acrylic medium to transfer text to the background of a mixed media piece.
- Goldens Gel Medium, Heavy Gel, Semi-gloss
- Plain or pre-painted canvas (mine here were painted using mix of acrylic paints and watercolor)
- Pages torn from old, public domain books where the printing was done with carbon based material. If you don't know how it was printed, you can make a xerox copy of the material, and transfer that to be sure you are working with carbon based print. Or you can also use materials printed on laser printer.
- After you gel down the print materials, you need to let it dry *completely* before using water to scrape paper away!
- If you want your transfered text to show up in the right direction, readable after transferthen you need to make the print/laser copy you start with show the text backward!
Learn more about Kara Jones aka Mother Henna.
Read NextShell Stitch Blanket