With giant red and white painted peppermints, you can make it a yummy holiday in Candyland with this handmade Christmas wreath. Decorate your door with this festive wreath idea in a few easy steps using foam as the base. Great free Christmas wreath pattern.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 24" artificial pine wreath
- Spray paint, Silver glitter
- White; bright red acrylic paints
- Paintbrushes: 3/4" glaze/wash; No. 5 round
- 30" x 5' clear cellophane
- Red metallic twisted foil ribbon, 3 yds.
- 12" green chenille stem
- Cloth-covered floral wire, 52"
- Disposable palette
- Fine sandpaper
- Graphite paper
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Fold chenille stem in half. Refer to diagram to wrap looped end around wire form of wreath and then insert free ends of chenille stem through loop and pull tight. Twist wire ends together to form a loop hanger.
- Spray wreath with glitter spray and let dry.
- Paint foam discs white and let dry. Sand lightly. Apply a second coat of white to top and edges only.
- Using pattern and graphite paper, transfer peppermint to top of each disk. Paint alternating sections bright red and let dry. Sand lightly.
- Cut five 15" x 18" rectangles of cellophane and center a peppermint face down on each one. Wrap cellophane around peppermint and twist ends (refer to photo). Secure twisted ends with 4" lengths of floral wire.
- Using 2 1/3 yards of twisted foil ribbon, make an eight-loop bow with a center knot. Center remaining ribbon below bow for streamers and secure with a 12" length of floral wire. Wire bow to wreath where desired.
- Arrange wrapped peppermints on wreath and glue (refer to photo).
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow.
For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.